Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 2acbbc4f28e9c104b23f30511
    • By 2acbbc4f28e9c104b23f30511 13th Apr 18, 1:08 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    2acbbc4f28e9c104b23f30511
    Lenovo service repair problem
    • 13th Apr 18, 1:08 PM
    Lenovo service repair problem 13th Apr 18 at 1:08 PM
    3 weeks ago I purchased a machine from ebay. I was initially very happy with it until I've noticed a small defect on the screen. As the machine is still on manufacturer warranty I decided to keep it (my first mistake) and fix it through warranty repair.

I've raised a repair request with lenovo and they've agreed to replace the screen. After I received my laptop back I immediately noticed that it's not the type of screen that was originally in there.

I purchased the laptop with a 1080p IPS screen. It returned from the service depot with a 1366x768 TN screen which is far inferior to the original one.

The problem is that accordingly to the manufacturer. The machine has been originally built with this type of screen and they have replaced it accordingly to the original specification.

I've tried to call them several times. They demand a proof that the screen was indeed 1080p. The only proof I've got is some operating system logs which show that the system before the repair was setting the 1080p resolution on the screen. They've rejected these, claiming that they may refer to an external monitor being connected. They don't respect an ebay purchase as a proof of purchase either.

Is there anything I can do in order to prove my claim? I was completely misinformed and if I would knew that they are going to effectively downgrade my machine I wouldn't want the repair to happen in the first place!

All my initial communication regarding the fault describe the screen as IPS 1080p. The problem, as reported by customers seems to be specific to IPS 1080p screens as well.
Page 1
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 13th Apr 18, 3:44 PM
    • 19,896 Posts
    • 15,603 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 13th Apr 18, 3:44 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 3:44 PM
    How did the machine come to have a higher spec screen in the first place? If it was replaced by whoever you bought from then you can't really attach any blame to Lenovo for reverting to the original spec.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,991Posts Today

6,213Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin