Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jjpmaia
    • By jjpmaia 13th Apr 18, 11:53 AM
    • 49Posts
    • 2Thanks
    jjpmaia
    Phone warranty
    • 13th Apr 18, 11:53 AM
    Phone warranty 13th Apr 18 at 11:53 AM
    Good Morning,

Hope I am writing on the right place and you can help me with this issue.
    I have a 2 year contract on a phone and put it on warranty as it was very slow, battery has been miserable, compass does not point north, etc... Today the repair agent called me saying they need to charge for a screen replacement. I Said I did not complaint about the screen and I was aware it had some light scratches on it plus a bigger one. They insisted and I insisted once more I did not complain about the screen but the rest, and they said that the phone needs to come back in perfect condition otherwise they wont repair it. Is this true and legal? For me it does not make any sense as I did no complain about any issues related to the screen and for me it seems they just want to earn some money with the screen replacement.

Thank you for your help.
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 13th Apr 18, 12:54 PM
    • 10,843 Posts
    • 4,640 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 13th Apr 18, 12:54 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 12:54 PM
    Most manufacturers warranty is void if screen damage ( see multiple identical posts ).
    Problem is damaged screen may break during repair and owners expect a new screen no charge .
    • bris
    • By bris 13th Apr 18, 1:41 PM
    • 7,800 Posts
    • 6,784 Thanks
    bris
    • 13th Apr 18, 1:41 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 1:41 PM
    Screens have to be forced off, not a lot of force but force just the same, this tends to break the screen at weak points so you can see why they won't repair phones with damaged screens.
    • jjpmaia
    • By jjpmaia 13th Apr 18, 2:03 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    jjpmaia
    • 13th Apr 18, 2:03 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 2:03 PM
    Its only light scratches for being in the pants pocket and the other scratch is very, very small. Had other phones in warranty and never had this issue.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,299Posts Today

7,028Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin