Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Severn
    • By Severn 13th Apr 18, 11:14 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Severn
    proof of warranty work
    • 13th Apr 18, 11:14 AM
    proof of warranty work 13th Apr 18 at 11:14 AM
    I brought a car 11 months ago and had several items replaced under warranty but the garage didn't give me any paperwork for what was done, I've contacted them but they say all warranty work only has a 6 month guarantee they fitted a new clutch among other things so if like some proof of the work done if i come to sell it so should i be given paperwork of whats been done ?

any advise welcome

Thanks Scott
    Snootchie Bootchies!
Page 1
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 13th Apr 18, 12:13 PM
    • 12,206 Posts
    • 8,983 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 13th Apr 18, 12:13 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 12:13 PM
    That's quite normal for warranty work, as you're not paying for it there's generally no reason to give you the invoice.

There will be a record though so if any prospective buyer wants to check then all they need do is contact the dealer network.
    • oldagetraveller
    • By oldagetraveller 13th Apr 18, 1:44 PM
    • 3,207 Posts
    • 1,704 Thanks
    oldagetraveller
    • 13th Apr 18, 1:44 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 1:44 PM
    "I brought a car 11 months ago"

Where from?
    Did you hear about the politician who had a backside transplant? It rejected him.
    • Kingsd316
    • By Kingsd316 13th Apr 18, 4:07 PM
    • 1,343 Posts
    • 607 Thanks
    Kingsd316
    • 13th Apr 18, 4:07 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 4:07 PM
    Took me ages to get various pieces of paperwork from BMW for warranty work that I had done that I needed in order to sell my car (the company I was P/X it wanted to confirm I had had some warranty work done on it). Eventually they did send me it but with all costs blanked out.
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 13th Apr 18, 5:07 PM
    • 12,206 Posts
    • 8,983 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 13th Apr 18, 5:07 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 5:07 PM
    "I brought a car 11 months ago"

Where from?
    Originally posted by oldagetraveller
    Does it matter?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

700Posts Today

5,412Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • One would hope if there were a people's vote, this time we'd have a properly constructed vote, that gave the public? https://t.co/9e5WT51CQz

• I'm getting really confused by people feeling the urgent need to respond to my tweets that all say "this poll isn't? https://t.co/046hq4kZl4

• I've written, published and broadcast on this scores of times. Maybe the easiest explanation is within this? https://t.co/W1MufNrpjS

• Follow Martin