Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cordero01
    • By Cordero01 13th Apr 18, 11:07 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Cordero01
    BW Legal - Final Notice (Transfer of Ticket)
    • 13th Apr 18, 11:07 AM
    BW Legal - Final Notice (Transfer of Ticket) 13th Apr 18 at 11:07 AM
    Hi,

I have recently received a letter from BW legal on behalf of Napier Parking, regarding a Parking Charge Notice issued back in July 2016.

I did respond to Napier parking via their own appeals process (within the stated timescales) which was rejected back July 2016.

Since then I received a letter from Debt Collector Plus seeking debt recovery, which I replied denying this, and copied this to Napier also. This was in Nov 2016.

I have now received a final notice letter from DW Legal (in April 2018). This letter referenced the a first letter (in Feb 2018) which was never received and are seeking payment of 150 (90 parking charge, 60 initial legal fees) and are threatening County Court Proceedings.

The PCN was issued on the basis of transfer of ticket, which I deny. They have provided pictures of my car parked on their land with a ticket on my vehicle - BUT NO EVIDENCE OF THE TICKET TRANSFER - bar reference to us taking this from the black vauxhall.

They do not also state on any of their signage the right to undertake CCTV or monitoring - i have pictures of these signs to confirm this. DO THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO UNDERTAKE MONITORING OF THIS IS NOT STATED ON THEIR SIGNAGE?

Advise on how to respond to the final notice letter would be most appreciated, as i have until 25th April.
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Apr 18, 11:14 AM
    • 37,733 Posts
    • 84,739 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 13th Apr 18, 11:14 AM
    • 13th Apr 18, 11:14 AM
    Start with post 2 of the NEWBIES where you will find a guide to the court process including how to respond to a LBC, written by a poster called bargepole.

I hope you didn't reveal the driver's identity in any of your previous dealings with the scammers.

What happened when you complained to the landowners?

You should also complain to your MP and Sir Greg Knight MP about this unregulated scam.

These are some of the comments made by the MPs in Parliament concerning the unregulated parking industry (Feb 2018):

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP in a complaint and ask him/her to contact Sir Greg Knight MP if he wants further information about this scam.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 13th Apr 18, 11:25 AM
    • 10,538 Posts
    • 10,374 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 13th Apr 18, 11:25 AM
    • 13th Apr 18, 11:25 AM
    Are you saying that someone gave you an unexpired ticket to use?
    Is this a breach of contract?

If the memsahib and I go into a pub and order two pints, and she cannot finish hers, I cannot?

This sounds to me like an unfair term in a consumer contract, perhaps you should contact (in writing), your local Trading Standards Department.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • iamagoodperson
    • By iamagoodperson 9th Nov 18, 7:08 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    iamagoodperson
    • 9th Nov 18, 7:08 PM
    BW Legal
    • 9th Nov 18, 7:08 PM
    Cordero01 any update on your situation as pretty much in the same boat but my ticket is from way back in 2013 and just received final notice from BW Legal all the rest is the same. Any update and outcome.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Nov 18, 7:21 PM
    • 9,258 Posts
    • 12,186 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 9th Nov 18, 7:21 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 7:21 PM
    Hi,

I have recently received a letter from BW legal on behalf of Napier Parking, regarding a Parking Charge Notice issued back in July 2016.

I did respond to Napier parking via their own appeals process (within the stated timescales) which was rejected back July 2016.

Since then I received a letter from Debt Collector Plus seeking debt recovery, which I replied denying this, and copied this to Napier also. This was in Nov 2016.

I have now received a final notice letter from DW Legal (in April 2018). This letter referenced the a first letter (in Feb 2018) which was never received and are seeking payment of 150 (90 parking charge, 60 initial legal fees) and are threatening County Court Proceedings.

The PCN was issued on the basis of transfer of ticket, which I deny. They have provided pictures of my car parked on their land with a ticket on my vehicle - BUT NO EVIDENCE OF THE TICKET TRANSFER - bar reference to us taking this from the black vauxhall.

They do not also state on any of their signage the right to undertake CCTV or monitoring - i have pictures of these signs to confirm this. DO THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO UNDERTAKE MONITORING OF THIS IS NOT STATED ON THEIR SIGNAGE?

Advise on how to respond to the final notice letter would be most appreciated, as i have until 25th April.
    Originally posted by Cordero01
    Stupid DRP .... DROIDS OF THE CENTURY
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74439905#post74439905

WHAT DOES THE BWLEGAL LETTER SAY ?
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

353Posts Today

4,954Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Morning. I'm on my way to @GMB for my 7:40 Deals of the Week this week including hot BT fibre broadband deal, easyj? https://t.co/FWWMrk8dg8

• "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Follow Martin