Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • smallzoo2
    • By smallzoo2 13th Apr 18, 9:53 AM
    • 48Posts
    • 10Thanks
    smallzoo2
    Changing Supplier Problems
    • 13th Apr 18, 9:53 AM
    Changing Supplier Problems 13th Apr 18 at 9:53 AM
    Hi

I changed over to Avro Energy back on the 28th February 2018. It took a month for my previous supplier EON to allow the switch to go ahead. I have only just found out that they allowed the Electricity to switch but have blocked the Gas. Avro cannot tell me why and I dont owe any massive bill so still waiting for Eon to tell me why.

I the meantime I have switch to Avro for electricity but Eon have sent me an 'estimated' bill for the electricity used to up to the switch on the 28th March, The last estimate reading is higher than it is now !..

I have esitmated my own reading on the 28th March and sent that to Avro. I presume thats all I can do. I am not going to pay Eon for electricity that I haven't even used yet !

What about the gas ? Due to their delay I am still paying the much higher cost until they allow the switch. Is there nothing I can do about that

thanks
Page 1
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 13th Apr 18, 10:15 AM
    • 5,753 Posts
    • 3,530 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 13th Apr 18, 10:15 AM
    • 13th Apr 18, 10:15 AM
    Hi

I changed over to Avro Energy back on the 28th February 2018. It took a month for my previous supplier EON to allow the switch to go ahead. I have only just found out that they allowed the Electricity to switch but have blocked the Gas. Avro cannot tell me why and I dont owe any massive bill so still waiting for Eon to tell me why.

I the meantime I have switch to Avro for electricity but Eon have sent me an 'estimated' bill for the electricity used to up to the switch on the 28th March, The last estimate reading is higher than it is now !..

I have esitmated my own reading on the 28th March and sent that to Avro. I presume thats all I can do. I am not going to pay Eon for electricity that I haven't even used yet !

What about the gas ? Due to their delay I am still paying the much higher cost until they allow the switch. Is there nothing I can do about that

thanks
    Originally posted by smallzoo2
    An estimated bill is just that - an estimate. On switch the meter readings that you provide to the new supplier are independently verified by the Data Collectors. The verified readings will be used to open and close your accounts. Personally, I would just pay the estimated bill knowing that it will be adjusted once a Final Bill is raised.

If E.oN has unfairly blocked your gas switch then just point out to them that as a switch request was received by them - via industry procedures - before the end of contract date plus 20 days ( I am assuming that this is the case) then price protection applies until your transfer goes through: that is, you should remain on your present gas tariff prices. If there has been an error, then you should also be offered a small amount of compensation.
    • PaschalFun
    • By PaschalFun 13th Apr 18, 10:33 AM
    • 178 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    PaschalFun
    • 13th Apr 18, 10:33 AM
    • 13th Apr 18, 10:33 AM
    Hi

thanks
    The usual reason for a block placed on your transfer request is due to outstanding charges.

If that is not the case, and/or you are not provided with an appropriate explanation, pass all the details to consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk

E.ON are not a stranger to to breaking their various licence conditions, and it would, therefore, be worthwhile keeping Ofgem in the loop of any continuing breaches they are involved in.
    • smallzoo2
    • By smallzoo2 13th Apr 18, 12:34 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    smallzoo2
    • 13th Apr 18, 12:34 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 12:34 PM
    I understand what you are all saying bu two reading has been made by either EON or Avro since January 2018 so where does that leave me in terms of the Elec/Gas reading on the 28th March ?
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 13th Apr 18, 12:54 PM
    • 5,753 Posts
    • 3,530 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 13th Apr 18, 12:54 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 12:54 PM
    I understand what you are all saying bu two reading has been made by either EON or Avro since January 2018 so where does that leave me in terms of the Elec/Gas reading on the 28th March ?
    The fact that the estimate is higher than the actual reading is academic. The validation of switch meter readings takes 10 to 14 days after the actual transfer. If, say, the estimated reading was 10200kWhs on the 28th March - and you pay the bill - and the validated reading is just 10000kWhs, then a credit of 200kWhs will show on your Final Bill. You would then be billed by your new supplier from the validated reading of 10000kWhs.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

29Posts Today

3,619Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin