Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tron05
    • By tron05 13th Apr 18, 9:48 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    tron05
    Scottish power billing issue
    • 13th Apr 18, 9:48 AM
    Scottish power billing issue 13th Apr 18 at 9:48 AM
    Hi guys
    I have recently received an accumulated first bill of 1200 for energy usage over past 14 month. I had requested for bills during the course but was informed about a billing issue at Scottish power's end.
    I have now sent a revert to apply back billing code and resend the bill.
    My worry is related to the bill already issued and i am asked to pay in 13 days from the bill date. Since i have asked for revised bills, should i be paying amount on the disputed bill? If i don't need to pay until the revised bill is sent, would that be marked on my credit file as late payment?

Also, can i ask the energy supplier to to spread the bill over a few months as i am about to pay out deposit for a new home and would be completely dried out?
    Thanks in advance for any advice!
Page 1
    • PaschalFun
    • By PaschalFun 13th Apr 18, 11:18 AM
    • 178 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    PaschalFun
    • 13th Apr 18, 11:18 AM
    • 13th Apr 18, 11:18 AM
    Hi guys
    I have recently received an accumulated first bill of 1200 for energy usage over past 14 month. I had requested for bills during the course but was informed about a billing issue at Scottish power's end.
    My worry is related to the bill already issued and i am asked to pay in 13 days from the bill date. Since i have asked for revised bills, should i be paying amount on the disputed bill? If i don't need to pay until the revised bill is sent, would that be marked on my credit file as late payment?

Also, can i ask the energy supplier to to spread the bill over a few months as i am about to pay out deposit for a new home and would be completely dried out?
    Originally posted by tron05
    Best to contact the supplier discuss the matter.

Lot's of options available, such as paying monthly by direct debit to help spread the cost ... and it'll probably save you money too

If you can't pay your utility bill, do you think it appropriate to blow every last penny on buying a property? Perhaps re-think this carefully.
    Also, if you are about to move, the supplier will probably want payment in full.
  • Scottish Power
    • 16th Apr 18, 1:44 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 1:44 PM
    Hi guys

Originally posted by tron05
    Hi Tron05

We can help you spread the cost of your energy bill, please contact us to allow us to help you with this. Also you can find more information on our website via the following link - https://community.scottishpower.co.uk/t5/Bills-payments-refunds/Payment-methods/ta-p/40

If you need any further advise you can email us at Social@scottishpower.com with the following information-
    your MSE handle in the subject heading
    your full address
    your name and telephone number
    and some details of the issues you have encountered

Kind Regards
    Danielle
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,254Posts Today

3,934Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin