Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • atarisrocks
    • By atarisrocks 13th Apr 18, 6:48 AM
    • 548Posts
    • 3,041Thanks
    atarisrocks
    Buyer wants to cancel sale
    • 13th Apr 18, 6:48 AM
    Buyer wants to cancel sale 13th Apr 18 at 6:48 AM
    Last week I sold a extremely large item to the only bidder.
    We agreed for the item to be collected this weekend with cash on collection and then the day before collection they have decided that they don't want it.

My listing stated no refunds and I have around 8 in fees now.

Is there anything I can do other than open a non paying dispute but I'm worried they will pay by PayPal then open item not receiced.
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th Apr 18, 7:06 AM
    • 12,151 Posts
    • 8,225 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 13th Apr 18, 7:06 AM
    • 13th Apr 18, 7:06 AM
    You can cancel it if you prefer. You should not use the out of stock option, but cite an issue with the buyer's address (despite it not being the case), otherwise you will get a defect.

You could ask the buyer to cancel and explain it is to get your fees returned - at least they told you they didn't want it rather than just not turning up - but they may not respond.

Or open the NPB. But as you say, if they pay, then you will have to refund. You will lose the 20p Paypal fee if you do it this way.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,105Posts Today

9,044Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin