Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pjr1525
    • By pjr1525 12th Apr 18, 11:11 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 20Thanks
    pjr1525
    Incomplete vrn entered
    • 12th Apr 18, 11:11 PM
    Incomplete vrn entered 12th Apr 18 at 11:11 PM
    Hi, this is my first post, I would appreciate some advice. I recently received a PCN through the post from a company called HX car park management stating that I had parked without a valid ticket. It supplied photos of my car entering and leaving the car park. I still had the ticket in my car confirming that I ,as an occupant of the car, had paid and not overstayed so I sent a photo of the ticket to their appeals department. They sent me an email the next day refusing my appeal saying that I had not completed the vrn and this was a breach of contract and I must pay 60 or100. I ,as an occupant of the car, had entered the first four digits of the vrn as some car parks that I have used previously required. This information positively identified the ticket related to the car on which it was displayed. In my opinion I am being charged this excessive amount for what amounts to no more than a typing error. Both myself and my wife are oaps and this represent a significant part of our pensions. I would appreciate any advice. Many thanks
    Last edited by pjr1525; 18-04-2018 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Clarification that I was no the driver
Page 3
    • Pjr1525
    • By Pjr1525 18th May 18, 7:55 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Pjr1525
    Just realised, PE is parking eye. I'm involved with HX ppc. My user name got a bit confused when logging on.The full thread is on pjr1525 not Pjr1525. Regards
    • Redx
    • By Redx 18th May 18, 8:24 PM
    • 18,481 Posts
    • 23,407 Thanks
    Redx
    Many thanks. What is "PE". I don't believe I can control the time line I just thought (maybe naively) that I could "nip this in the bud" by letting them know that because they had not served a pofa compliant NTK, they could not hold me liable for the driver's debt. Regards.
    Originally posted by Pjr1525

of course you can do this, that is the whole point of rebutting an LBC, but that doesnt necessarily mean they will back off , even if its HX and not PE
    Last edited by Redx; 18-05-2018 at 8:26 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Pjr1525
    • By Pjr1525 18th May 18, 8:44 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Pjr1525
    Many thanks. Intend to give it a try. Read up about s.a.r.? on the forum. Making a list as long my arm if they don't back off. Regards.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th May 18, 11:17 PM
    • 59,465 Posts
    • 72,633 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Good, you can send HX a SAR after 25th May to get all data/photos held about your car (you have to state the VRN and who you are, and they might want proof of who you are before they release info).

It's all good because it wastes a PPC's time.

Fantastic! Let's bring some worthless PPCs down - death by SAR.

And it gets them to have to show their hand, give you their evidence, and if they withhold anything that they then try to rely on later, you can report them to the ICO!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Pjr1525
    • By Pjr1525 21st May 18, 7:01 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Pjr1525
    I Would appreciate some legalise wording for letting them know their NTK was non-pofa compliant, to see what their reaction is before I send a SAR. I went through a long time line from another forumer from start to finish with HX. HX appear to have missed a step with me, straight from NTK to the second threatening letter missing out the first threatening letter. Must they follow a strict procedure?
    Also, hyperthetical question. People who are served a NTK are not obliged to name the driver, but at any time are they obliged to deny that they were the driver. Many thanks.
    Last edited by Pjr1525; 22-05-2018 at 5:38 PM. Reason: Spelling
    • Pjr1525
    • By Pjr1525 9th Jul 18, 1:48 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Pjr1525
    Incomplete vrn entered
    Just arrived, LBC from Gladstones solicitors, had no debt collector's threats. I'm sure it's the usual LBC that they send out, 30 days to pay 160 or reply. From a parallel case on the forum I know my NTK was pofa non-compliant 9.2 (f). I sent a letter to HX more than a month ago asking them to confirm they were pursuing me as the registered keeper but received no reply. I would appreciate advice on what to do next. Regards.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Jul 18, 3:28 PM
    • 18,359 Posts
    • 29,055 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Does the Gladstones reference number commence 1xxx, 3xxx or 4xxx?

To whom is payment to be made?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Pjr1525
    • By Pjr1525 9th Jul 18, 3:57 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Pjr1525
    Incomplete vrn entered
    Yes, the ref begins with a 1. The end four digits begin with a 4. All payments of whatever method are to Gladstones. Thanks for prompt reply.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Jul 18, 5:09 PM
    • 18,359 Posts
    • 29,055 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Yes, the ref begins with a 1. The end four digits begin with a 4. All payments of whatever method are to Gladstones. Thanks for prompt reply.
    Originally posted by Pjr1525
    Looks to be a pucker LBC. So deal with it now using the advice contained in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Pjr1525
    • By Pjr1525 9th Jul 18, 5:38 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Pjr1525
    Incomplete vrn entered
    Yes, just read loadsofchildren's advice on LBC. I received no debt collection letter. The only request I sent to HX was to confirm they were pursuing me as keeper to which they did not reply. Should I send HX a SAR before replying to LBC? Regards.
    • Pjr1525
    • By Pjr1525 10th Jul 18, 1:43 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Pjr1525
    Incomplete vrn entered
    Just sent the tear off Slip back to Gladstones, requesting paper copy as I don't intend to enter into email correspondence with them. Also sent a SAR to HX ppc. Awaiting next step.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,791Posts Today

7,987Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TimboBagginses: @MartinSLewis Such a good idea. My ex and I have had to negotiate who will 'accept the blame' and what 'type' of blame?

• Delighted to hear a private members bill is proposing to take the need for someone to be at fault out of an agreed? https://t.co/0vQSRKqREh

• RT @GMB: Is it just @MartinSLewis that has an 'overseas wallet' or are you less organised with your holiday spending plans? ????

• Follow Martin