Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pjr1525
    • By pjr1525 12th Apr 18, 10:11 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 31Thanks
    pjr1525
    Incomplete vrn entered
    • 12th Apr 18, 10:11 PM
    Incomplete vrn entered 12th Apr 18 at 10:11 PM
    Hi, this is my first post, I would appreciate some advice. I recently received a PCN through the post from a company called HX car park management stating that I had parked without a valid ticket. It supplied photos of my car entering and leaving the car park. I still had the ticket in my car confirming that I ,as an occupant of the car, had paid and not overstayed so I sent a photo of the ticket to their appeals department. They sent me an email the next day refusing my appeal saying that I had not completed the vrn and this was a breach of contract and I must pay £60 or£100. I ,as an occupant of the car, had entered the first four digits of the vrn as some car parks that I have used previously required. This information positively identified the ticket related to the car on which it was displayed. In my opinion I am being charged this excessive amount for what amounts to no more than a typing error. Both myself and my wife are oaps and this represent a significant part of our pensions. I would appreciate any advice. Many thanks
    Last edited by pjr1525; 18-04-2018 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Clarification that I was no the driver
Page 14
    • Pjr1525
    • By Pjr1525 23rd Mar 19, 2:46 PM
    • 145 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    Pjr1525
    Incomplete vrn
    Hi, I've just received the judgement from my court case, listing the judge's decision to dismiss the case and ordering the claimant to pay me the awarded costs.

Do I need to claim the costs from the PPC, or do the court contact them direct. Also how long do they have to make payment. Regards.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Mar 19, 1:47 PM
    • 70,394 Posts
    • 82,985 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    They should have paid you direct/via Gladstones. Why not email Gladstones and tell them you will enforce the debt and send the bailiffs in to HX's offices to remove goods, if you do not receive your cheque this coming week.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Pjr1525
    • By Pjr1525 29th Mar 19, 2:07 PM
    • 145 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    Pjr1525
    Incomplete vrn
    Hi, start of third week now, still no costs forthcoming. Don't intend to bother with Gladstones, the costs were awarded against the claimant. It is the CEO of HX who is liable, he is named on the order.

I am going to send a copy of the judge's ruling and costs award direct to HX, they can chase Gladstones.

What can I say in my letter about failure to pay the award, do I just let the court bailiffs know or do I need to take out a warrant? How does it work. As I said, I'm finished with Gladstones now.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 29th Mar 19, 7:47 PM
    • 23,080 Posts
    • 36,666 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Hi, start of third week now, still no costs forthcoming. Don't intend to bother with Gladstones, the costs were awarded against the claimant. It is the CEO of HX who is liable, he is named on the order.

I am going to send a copy of the judge's ruling and costs award direct to HX, they can chase Gladstones.

What can I say in my letter about failure to pay the award, do I just let the court bailiffs know or do I need to take out a warrant? How does it work. As I said, I'm finished with Gladstones now.
    Originally posted by Pjr1525
    Iím surprised your Google search didnít turn this up for you. Mine is working fortunately.

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/enforce-a-judgment
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Ibcus
    • By Ibcus 16th Apr 19, 6:56 PM
    • 148 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    Ibcus
    Did you ever get your money?
    • Pjr1525
    • By Pjr1525 19th Apr 19, 7:44 AM
    • 145 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    Pjr1525
    Incomplete vrn
    Hi ibcus. Yes it arrived this week. So exactly a year after 'Kenny' and his gang tried to screw £100 out of me, he's been forced to pay me £104.20, plus what he's had to pay in court costs and ' Solicitor ' fees.
    I'm just about to return the original PCN to HX car park management. Telling them that their threats have come to nothing and that I'm returning the PCN for them to dispose of as they wish. Regards.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 19th Apr 19, 8:14 AM
    • 12,660 Posts
    • 12,888 Thanks
    The Deep
    I have already sent a letter to my MP. Being retired I have a lot of time on my hands and am prepared to take this all the way to court.
    Originally posted by pjr1525
    Do you really want to make life difficult for them? If so consider a claim for your costs.

Send them a LBC. As a litigant in person you can claim £19 an hour for your time, in which you can include you attendance in court, time spent on this board, plus postage and photocopying costs, and travel. You have six years in which to take action.

https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk/documents-and-forms/letter-before-action.rl#
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Apr 19, 10:17 AM
    • 70,394 Posts
    • 82,985 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I'm just about to return the original PCN to HX car park management. Telling them that their threats have come to nothing and that I'm returning the PCN for them to dispose of as they wish. Regards.
    Why not shape it into a tube, to assist them in inserting it where it needs to go?

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Pjr1525
    • By Pjr1525 19th Apr 19, 10:31 AM
    • 145 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    Pjr1525
    Incomplete vrn
    Hi Deep. The DJ has already awarded me 5 hours of LiP, I believe £95 is the most that he can award for those costs.

I seem to remember somewhere in the correspondence with the court it asked 'counter claim?' I'm pretty sure that I ticked the 'No' box. Regards.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 19th Apr 19, 12:40 PM
    • 14,345 Posts
    • 16,325 Thanks
    KeithP
    Hi Deep. The DJ has already awarded me 5 hours of LiP, I believe £95 is the most that he can award for those costs.

I seem to remember somewhere in the correspondence with the court it asked 'counter claim?' I'm pretty sure that I ticked the 'No' box. Regards.
    The Deep is suggesting that you start a new claim.

You have up to six years to do so.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 19th Apr 19, 12:49 PM
    • 12,660 Posts
    • 12,888 Thanks
    The Deep
    If you spent more that 5 hours on this fiasco, and you probably did given the number of times you posted on here, then timewise, you are out of pocket.

So, if you spent ten hours they owe you another £95 for which you can claim.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 19th Apr 19, 1:27 PM
    • 23,080 Posts
    • 36,666 Thanks
    Umkomaas

Are you sure that it wasnít awarded for half a dayís loss of earnings/annual leave, because £95 is the exact maximum that can be awarded for that element. Seems rather coincidental.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Pjr1525
    • By Pjr1525 19th Apr 19, 2:33 PM
    • 145 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    Pjr1525
    Incomplete vrn
    I'm retired, so it wasn't for loss of earnings. I did specify on my costs schedule that it was for 5 hours LiP. I only claimed for 5 hours because I read on this forum that a woman claimed for more and the lady DJ had to look up LiP awards, I may be wrong.

I'm very seriously thinking of claiming for the time that I spent fighting their extortion attempt. I assume that I firstly send them an invoice with a breakdown of the costs.

I also remember a post where Coupon mad and loc put together a claim for someone who had won their case, and she was awarded nearly £2000. I believe the Judge complimented them on the quality of the claim. Regards.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

356Posts Today

5,315Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin