Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pjr1525
    • By pjr1525 12th Apr 18, 11:11 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 29Thanks
    pjr1525
    Incomplete vrn entered
    • 12th Apr 18, 11:11 PM
    Incomplete vrn entered 12th Apr 18 at 11:11 PM
    Hi, this is my first post, I would appreciate some advice. I recently received a PCN through the post from a company called HX car park management stating that I had parked without a valid ticket. It supplied photos of my car entering and leaving the car park. I still had the ticket in my car confirming that I ,as an occupant of the car, had paid and not overstayed so I sent a photo of the ticket to their appeals department. They sent me an email the next day refusing my appeal saying that I had not completed the vrn and this was a breach of contract and I must pay 60 or100. I ,as an occupant of the car, had entered the first four digits of the vrn as some car parks that I have used previously required. This information positively identified the ticket related to the car on which it was displayed. In my opinion I am being charged this excessive amount for what amounts to no more than a typing error. Both myself and my wife are oaps and this represent a significant part of our pensions. I would appreciate any advice. Many thanks
    Last edited by pjr1525; 18-04-2018 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Clarification that I was no the driver
Page 11
    • Pjr1525
    • By Pjr1525 12th Oct 18, 5:27 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    Pjr1525
    Incomplete vrn entered
    Punched in my postcode and the computer said; 1st court was crime only, 2nd nearest court and the one that deals with money claims was the one that I had mentioned was geographically nearest to my home.
    Coincidentally, it happens to be in the same postcode as the car park where it was alleged I'd transgressed.
    At the moment in that town there is a lot of publicity about this ppc's unfair ticketing in the local press, labelling them " scammers " and also I believe there is an active Facebook campaign highlighting this ppc's unfair tactics. Still waiting for my DQ from Northampton.

The covering letter with GS's copy of DQ very kindly informed me that this was a straightforward case, so no need for mediation, daring to assume that the Judge would automatically find for the claimant! Regards.
    • Ibcus
    • By Ibcus 14th Oct 18, 4:56 AM
    • 98 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    Ibcus
    Wigan and Leigh Magistrates' Court and Wigan County Court and Family Court are the same place.

The court in Wigan is not far from the car park in King Street, it's kind of between Lidl and a Premier Inn (that was the main Police station), I guess you know that though.

I was in there for the Family Court around 12 years ago for my son (10 years old lived with me, ex screaming she was going to take him), I took it to court and represented myself, she had Stephensons Solicitors.
    That's the first time I was in court and the first time I realised solicitors are idiots too.
    They sent me details of someones divorce proceedings by mistake, with all breakdowns of money and stuff about the house sale.
    I asked the solicitor when waiting outside had they lost something and handed her the letters, she looked shocked and was very nice after that.

Son still lives with me.

It always drives me nuts that they built the court next to the police station to save on tranpsort, tunnels from one to the other, then moved the Police station to the other side of town.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,367Posts Today

8,935Users online

Martin's Twitter