Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Scorpion11
    • By Scorpion11 12th Apr 18, 10:55 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Scorpion11
    Soft Search concern
    • 12th Apr 18, 10:55 PM
    Soft Search concern 12th Apr 18 at 10:55 PM
    Hi all

I just did a soft search to see what credit I may be able to get. The info I gave wouldn't have been difficult for anyone who knows me (most people or crazy exes) to be able to do on my behalf to see my eligibility. I haven't as it's against my Morales b I could imagine if I wanted I could look up elogilibity of someone close with their dob salary and address. THIS scares the hell out of me. Why is this so easy to view!? It's only a simple form now email or anything needed!? Does this worry anyone else!?
Page 1
    • fwor
    • By fwor 12th Apr 18, 11:22 PM
    • 6,032 Posts
    • 4,090 Thanks
    fwor
    • 12th Apr 18, 11:22 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 11:22 PM
    Why? Why would I care if someone else could see if I'm eligible for a loan? It doesn't worry me at all, same as it doesn't worry me that someone else can see whether the car I drive is taxed, or what council tax band my house is in, or can look up my details if I'm on the public version of the electoral roll.

If you're worried about "crazy exes" I suspect that there are probably more serious things that they could do to you than look up whether you are (in theory) eligible for a loan...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,213Posts Today

8,079Users online

Martin's Twitter