Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • goingfordebtfree
    • By goingfordebtfree 12th Apr 18, 9:55 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    goingfordebtfree
    First Time Frugal and Fed up!
    • 12th Apr 18, 9:55 PM
    First Time Frugal and Fed up! 12th Apr 18 at 9:55 PM
    Hi,

I am new to MSE and an newly inspired after my LBM and reading everyones diaries - hats off to you all!

So I have drawn up a detailed budget spreadsheet and zero budgeted my income so that every pound and penny has a job to do! Feeling confident that my budget is flexible/doable/manageable and that my spreadsheet is pretty robust (using secondary school IT lesson skills to input formulas etc!!)
    However I am updating it everyday, checking it sometimes 2/3 times a day and feel like my debt and 'action plan' are all I have thought about for the last few days/weeks!!

So basically, I'm not moaning about it as I am perfectly aware that I need to be on top of my finances and know my budget to avoid overspending and extra borrowing but I would like your opinions and reassurances on and for the long term - does it get easier to manage a budget? Will I learn to only check it once a day/ every two days?? Will I be able to relax and let the budget do its thing?!!(obvs following it!!) Will money be the only thing I think of forever!!!! Lol I hope you get what I mean!

Thank you for reading and responding if so!! X
    Going for debt free by Aug 2021
    Current debt 39,000 inc mortgage
    New to budgeting and MSE
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

107Posts Today

1,683Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin