Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • trudy bishop
    • By trudy bishop 12th Apr 18, 9:38 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    trudy bishop
    Holiday let down
    • 12th Apr 18, 9:38 PM
    Holiday let down 12th Apr 18 at 9:38 PM
    My friend and I booked a river cruise holiday with 3 days in the capital before the cruise. The evening before we were to travel to the ship we were told that there is a possibility that we may not sail but we would be taken to the port anyway. A number of people had booked cruise only and were telephoned the day before they left UK offering them to cancel with a full refund. We did not find this out until we arrived at the cruise ship. We requested that we should be able to postpone the cruise and return home until the river conditions improved. Those cruise only passengers who did not cancel had been told that a revised itinerary had been arranged which would likely be better that the original itinerary. We never cruised apart from a short trip up river on the last day. The company refunded 30 for each day that we did not sail but we maintain that like others we should have been given the opportunity to postpone the cruise or even cancel.
Page 1
    • bris
    • By bris 13th Apr 18, 12:24 AM
    • 7,904 Posts
    • 6,885 Thanks
    bris
    • 13th Apr 18, 12:24 AM
    • 13th Apr 18, 12:24 AM
    You went, you did the cruise, you got a 30 per day refund.

You can't get a full refund but if you think the holiday was ruined because if this you may be entitled to loss of enjoyment.

I say may but the fact the weather was an act of God you might not have a case.
    It would have probably been easier to insist on a refund and not do the cruise at all, this would have been easier to win.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,262Posts Today

8,084Users online

Martin's Twitter