Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ollie Orpin
    • By Ollie Orpin 12th Apr 18, 8:24 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Ollie Orpin
    Difference Between DVD Player and Blue Ray Player
    • 12th Apr 18, 8:24 PM
    Difference Between DVD Player and Blue Ray Player 12th Apr 18 at 8:24 PM
    We are on a Virgin TV full package and have HD Channels. I also have a lot of old DVD's which I sometimes lake to watch. My old DVD player about 15 years old is very basic and may soon need replacing. Can I buy a cheap DVD player that will give me a better picture.What would the advantage be of purchasing A Blue Ray player which I believe would be a lot more expensive. what extra does A blue ray Player do over a DVD Player. Any suggestions what model would be suitable for my simple needs. I don't want or need to spend a lot of money.is there any advantage of buying what I believe is called an upscalling model of a DVD player.
    Last edited by Ollie Orpin; 12-04-2018 at 8:28 PM.
Page 2
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 13th Apr 18, 8:44 PM
    • 10,958 Posts
    • 7,777 Thanks
    neilmcl
    Can someone please recommend the best Blew-Jay player under 100?

Originally posted by Head The Ball
    Panasonic would be your best bet, the DMP-BDT180EB tends to get good reviews. Although the PS3 suggestion previously is a good shout.
    Last edited by neilmcl; 13-04-2018 at 8:47 PM.
    • thor
    • By thor 18th Apr 18, 12:55 AM
    • 5,232 Posts
    • 1,879 Thanks
    thor
    It won't make your old DVD's look better but if you buy a new film on Blue ray it will look a lot better then the DVD version
    Originally posted by Tiexen
    There is a difference but it's not worth shelling out the extra dosh for in my opinion. Even on a big screen tv, a dvd is more than adaquate for me. If they were the same price as dvds then I would of course choose the blu-rays but they're not so I don't buy them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

189Posts Today

2,667Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin