Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DasBill
    • By DasBill 12th Apr 18, 6:26 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 3Thanks
    DasBill
    Highview parking fine
    • 12th Apr 18, 6:26 PM
    Highview parking fine 12th Apr 18 at 6:26 PM
    Hello all,

In March I received a demand from DRP demanding I pay for a fine from Highview parking limited. As anyone would, I looked online to see how I could fight this as they state I've overstayed in a carpark I frequently use even though I'm certain I never have.

Looking through the newbies thread I avoided DRP as stated and issued an appeal to Highview directly. Today I received a response from them saying as it is outside the time limit and they cannot consider my appeal.

DRP stated that the incident was on 7/10/2017 but I've never actually received anything from Highview themselves, I suspect this is due to me selling my car and moving within a relatively short space of time. In the first letter from DRP they did state something about having to find my address through the DVLA. So I've no evidence of my supposed misdemeanor and no POPLA code or anything (however I suspect I'm out of the window for that appeal also) despite me asking for all this in my email.

Also today I've received a letter from DRP saying that they have advised Highview to contact their solicitor and take me to court.

What can I do at this point? Other than pay it? Has there been any cases of Highview following through on this?

Many many thanks in advance.

DasBill
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Apr 18, 6:28 PM
    • 20,477 Posts
    • 25,827 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Apr 18, 6:28 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 6:28 PM
    do nothing , just IGNORE them

come back if you receive a formal LBC in the post , or an MCOL from Northampton CCBC

at this point , only a landowner cancellation can help you , otherwise you at an impasse

you DO NOT have to pay it , UNLESS a judge says so, in court
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Apr 18, 6:33 PM
    • 20,727 Posts
    • 32,646 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th Apr 18, 6:33 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 6:33 PM
    Here's Highview record of taking court proceedings against their non-payers.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5800256

Two thirds of a million tickets issued in the past 3 years - not one single court case. Something tells me they're not going to start with you!
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • DasBill
    • By DasBill 12th Apr 18, 6:45 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    DasBill
    • 12th Apr 18, 6:45 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 6:45 PM
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

That's great, let's see what happens then. I'll put in a complaint to the shop in question and of course, update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you again!
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 12th Apr 18, 7:14 PM
    • 3,369 Posts
    • 5,177 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 12th Apr 18, 7:14 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 7:14 PM
    In March I received a demand from DRP demanding I pay for a fine from Highview parking limited.
    Originally posted by DasBill
    I bet you 100 it never said that!
    • DasBill
    • By DasBill 2nd Nov 18, 5:41 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    DasBill
    • 2nd Nov 18, 5:41 PM
    • 2nd Nov 18, 5:41 PM
    Hi All,

As an update to this, received a letter from SCS law in the post today claiming i have a debt owed to Highview parking Ltd. Picking through the letter they sent, seems to me that its a DRP letter in disguise - all the contact info is for DRP and only an address in London for SCS itself, im guessing i should ignore this also?

Its stated in the letter that its not a letter of claim but i should pay DRP in 14 days otherwise they will hit me with legal proceedings.

Having had a dig through the forum, ive seen the template letter which most people are sending back to SCS (dont they make sofas?) so i will probably do that and see what happens?

Sorry this seems that ive answered my own queries here but im just double checking with the more knowledgable folk of mse first.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 2nd Nov 18, 5:46 PM
    • 20,727 Posts
    • 32,646 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 2nd Nov 18, 5:46 PM
    • 2nd Nov 18, 5:46 PM
    Looks like DRP have bought some SCS letterheads (to go in the pile next to the Gladstones ones).

So why not send SCS a Subject Access Request, because you (innocently) take it that they are writing to you, and you have no idea why. Let's see how they squirm out of this.

Here's a thread discussing how you might construct a SAR, and Google will be awash with SAR stuff.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5849784
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 02-11-2018 at 6:59 PM.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,725Posts Today

7,384Users online

Martin's Twitter