Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DasBill
    • By DasBill 12th Apr 18, 6:26 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 2Thanks
    DasBill
    Highview parking fine
    • 12th Apr 18, 6:26 PM
    Highview parking fine 12th Apr 18 at 6:26 PM
    Hello all,

In March I received a demand from DRP demanding I pay for a fine from Highview parking limited. As anyone would, I looked online to see how I could fight this as they state I've overstayed in a carpark I frequently use even though I'm certain I never have.

Looking through the newbies thread I avoided DRP as stated and issued an appeal to Highview directly. Today I received a response from them saying as it is outside the time limit and they cannot consider my appeal.

DRP stated that the incident was on 7/10/2017 but I've never actually received anything from Highview themselves, I suspect this is due to me selling my car and moving within a relatively short space of time. In the first letter from DRP they did state something about having to find my address through the DVLA. So I've no evidence of my supposed misdemeanor and no POPLA code or anything (however I suspect I'm out of the window for that appeal also) despite me asking for all this in my email.

Also today I've received a letter from DRP saying that they have advised Highview to contact their solicitor and take me to court.

What can I do at this point? Other than pay it? Has there been any cases of Highview following through on this?

Many many thanks in advance.

DasBill
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Apr 18, 6:28 PM
    • 18,868 Posts
    • 23,862 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Apr 18, 6:28 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 6:28 PM
    do nothing , just IGNORE them

come back if you receive a formal LBC in the post , or an MCOL from Northampton CCBC

at this point , only a landowner cancellation can help you , otherwise you at an impasse

you DO NOT have to pay it , UNLESS a judge says so, in court
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Apr 18, 6:33 PM
    • 18,942 Posts
    • 29,804 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th Apr 18, 6:33 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 6:33 PM
    Here's Highview record of taking court proceedings against their non-payers.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5800256

Two thirds of a million tickets issued in the past 3 years - not one single court case. Something tells me they're not going to start with you!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • DasBill
    • By DasBill 12th Apr 18, 6:45 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    DasBill
    • 12th Apr 18, 6:45 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 6:45 PM
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

That's great, let's see what happens then. I'll put in a complaint to the shop in question and of course, update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you again!
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 12th Apr 18, 7:14 PM
    • 3,126 Posts
    • 4,793 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 12th Apr 18, 7:14 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 7:14 PM
    In March I received a demand from DRP demanding I pay for a fine from Highview parking limited.
    Originally posted by DasBill
    I bet you 100 it never said that!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,608Posts Today

9,232Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin