Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sleepyjones
    • By sleepyjones 12th Apr 18, 5:25 PM
    • 3,891Posts
    • 301,400Thanks
    sleepyjones
    HQ Trivia
    • 12th Apr 18, 5:25 PM
    HQ Trivia 12th Apr 18 at 5:25 PM
    Dunno what this is, never heard of it (Some kind of mobile quiz app) ... but was just reading this on the Metro

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/12/guy-keeps-winning-chunks-cash-new-app-people-suspicious-7460394/
    *Good Luck * Be Lucky * Stay Lucky*
Page 1
    • BizKiTRoAcH
    • By BizKiTRoAcH 12th Apr 18, 11:18 PM
    • 428 Posts
    • 21,300 Thanks
    BizKiTRoAcH
    • 12th Apr 18, 11:18 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 11:18 PM
    I've been playing this a while, the missus put me onto it. It's completely free to download, originally was iOS only but now works on android. Not sure if it works on tablets or just mobiles as you need a mobile number to register but it only takes a few mins to setup and you can win money (paid via paypal). It used to be US shows only (live at 8pm and 2am) where anyone could enter but they started doing UK-only shows which are 3pm and 9pm due to so many people playing the US ones.

They changed it a while ago and I don't think the UK players can play the US ones unless its a special one like the one with Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson last night. They also do a sunday draw around 3pm. The daily UK draws at 3 and 9 are usually for 550 and the sunday draw is usually around 5000 but seems to vary a lot. One week it was 2000, one it was 10000. The money rolls over so if no-one wins the the 3pm UK one, it rolls over to 1100 at 9pm and keeps rolling over until someone has won. The money is split between all the winners. Yesterday's special with the rock was for $300,000. It was won by 83 people and they all won $3614.45 each (I know because I took a screenshot to show the missus ).

The game is 12 questions, each question has 3 possible answers and you have to know (or guess) the correct answer to move onto the next question. If you get all of them right you win or split the prize. The shows only last about 10-15 minutes.

If you refer a friend, you get an extra life which can be used during a game. you can only use one per game so if you get a question wrong, you can use the extra life to stay in the game and keep playing. Obviously I won't complain if anyone puts my username that I use on here down as a referral
    Last edited by BizKiTRoAcH; 12-04-2018 at 11:20 PM.
    • sleepyjones
    • By sleepyjones 12th Apr 18, 11:58 PM
    • 3,891 Posts
    • 301,400 Thanks
    sleepyjones
    • 12th Apr 18, 11:58 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 11:58 PM
    Is it worth playing?, have you come close to winning anything?
    • ness13
    • By ness13 14th Apr 18, 10:25 AM
    • 6,741 Posts
    • 332,867 Thanks
    ness13
    • 14th Apr 18, 10:25 AM
    • 14th Apr 18, 10:25 AM
    I was interested to read about this and I love quizzes, but unfortunately both my iphone and my ipad are too elderly to cope with the app!
    Oh well, off to try to win a new phone before this one really does die...
    Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none.

An eye for an eye only leads to more blindness.
    • BizKiTRoAcH
    • By BizKiTRoAcH 14th Apr 18, 1:50 PM
    • 428 Posts
    • 21,300 Thanks
    BizKiTRoAcH
    • 14th Apr 18, 1:50 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 1:50 PM
    Is it worth playing?, have you come close to winning anything?
    Originally posted by sleepyjones
    I haven't come close but I'm not the brightest person in the world I have a friend who got to question 11 and my partner got to question 10 once. It's definitely worth playing. It costs nothing to enter and you can win free money from it twice a day. The game lasts about 15 minutes max so you don't have to dedicate a lot of time to it. Even if you don't know an answer you have a 1 in 3 chance of guessing correctly so there's always a chance you can guess your way to winning. The furthest I got was question 8 and 3 of them were guesses.
    • bubblebobble23
    • By bubblebobble23 14th Apr 18, 4:11 PM
    • 522 Posts
    • 37,432 Thanks
    bubblebobble23
    • 14th Apr 18, 4:11 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 4:11 PM
    There is a British version of this which I love to play! The app is called Cash Show. They have live games at 12.30 and 9. I've got a few pound on the kitty , not good enough to win more than pence a game but really fun!
    • sleepyjones
    • By sleepyjones 14th Apr 18, 8:07 PM
    • 3,891 Posts
    • 301,400 Thanks
    sleepyjones
    • 14th Apr 18, 8:07 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 8:07 PM
    I haven't come close but I'm not the brightest person in the world I have a friend who got to question 11 and my partner got to question 10 once.
    Originally posted by BizKiTRoAcH
    I'll give it a try at 9, you should have gotten yourself an extra life
    • Dassiekins
    • By Dassiekins 14th Apr 18, 8:17 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    Dassiekins
    • 14th Apr 18, 8:17 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 8:17 PM
    It's so hard! I'm usually pretty good at quizzing but been playing this for a week and best I've got is 8 questions right.
    RubyS0H0 (they are zeros) if anyone fancies using my referral code so I get an extra life (though obviously original poster deserves more for asking first)
    Good luck everyone!
    • sleepyjones
    • By sleepyjones 14th Apr 18, 9:07 PM
    • 3,891 Posts
    • 301,400 Thanks
    sleepyjones
    • 14th Apr 18, 9:07 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 9:07 PM
    pffttt, got question 4 wrong ... but so did 60k others so I don't feel too bad
    • Stemma
    • By Stemma 14th Apr 18, 10:01 PM
    • 752 Posts
    • 4,126 Thanks
    Stemma
    I've been playing for about a week now. Not got any further than Q7 but it's very addictive. I love it
    Don't fear change. You may lose something good, but you may also gain something great.
    • BizKiTRoAcH
    • By BizKiTRoAcH 15th Apr 18, 7:03 PM
    • 428 Posts
    • 21,300 Thanks
    BizKiTRoAcH
    Thanks for the extra life sleepyjones
    • Dassiekins
    • By Dassiekins 23rd Apr 18, 8:25 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    Dassiekins
    Thank you to the lovely person who gave me an extra life over the weekend. I still didn't win but it was great to be given another go!
    • krazykitty
    • By krazykitty 23rd Apr 18, 10:38 AM
    • 118 Posts
    • 915 Thanks
    krazykitty
    I found out about this yesterday and played first couple of games - got to about Q6 what I like is that it's brings the family together my son got a computer game question right that I wouldn't have known. Searching last night also found Cash Show but not played it yet I'd be interested to know if there are any other such apps - love trivia. my referral name is hillkath if anyone what's to use and give me a free life

(edit) Just realised there's an invitation code for Cash Show aswell XFA65H if anyone uses it I get a free life

Good luck everyone!!
    Last edited by krazykitty; 23-04-2018 at 12:08 PM. Reason: adding code
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,329Posts Today

7,744Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Facebook today admitted in parliament that after it heard of my defamation lawsuit against it for 50 fake scam ads? https://t.co/XttOnyH9sq

• RT @jamiesusskind: After more than 10 years, and with such sadness, I am leaving Labour. I'm doing it for the same reason that I joined: be?

• RT @Deeangelique_: I suggested @MartinSLewis get 'I Don't Do Ads' tattooed to his forehead yesterday. Today he posted this. I gave Martin L?

• Follow Martin