Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gary123456790
    • By Gary123456790 12th Apr 18, 5:07 PM
    • 485Posts
    • 315Thanks
    Gary123456790
    SPAM ! Mods please help.
    • 12th Apr 18, 5:07 PM
    SPAM ! Mods please help. 12th Apr 18 at 5:07 PM
    Is there a mod on this board that can remove all the rubbish, its unreadable.

Although I do chuckle at the time someone has clearly spend spamming a forum with USA phone numbers, not realising that it is a UK forum!

Ta.
Page 2
    • venison
    • By venison 13th Apr 18, 8:07 PM
    • 1,919 Posts
    • 2,057 Thanks
    venison
    Board guides are all doing what they can across MSE
    I am a BG on loans,credit cards and benefits I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly". Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • IanManc
    • By IanManc 13th Apr 18, 11:02 PM
    • 521 Posts
    • 847 Thanks
    IanManc
    At the moment reporting spam is like whack-a-mole at the school fair when I was a kid. I've never seen so much spam on here before.
    • prowla
    • By prowla 14th Apr 18, 9:25 AM
    • 9,666 Posts
    • 7,719 Thanks
    prowla
    Between the spam and the imposed new layout, the site is pretty much a bust.
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 14th Apr 18, 9:31 AM
    • 9,004 Posts
    • 9,897 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    I occasionally find I have no spam and report buttons. No idea what makes them dissapear.

The idea to increase the "spam points" of proven good spam reporters is a nice one.
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 14th Apr 18, 9:32 AM
    • 33,174 Posts
    • 17,911 Thanks
    kingstreet
    Between the spam and the imposed new layout, the site is pretty much a bust.
    Originally posted by prowla
    I'm still on the old green format.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • TadleyBaggie
    • By TadleyBaggie 14th Apr 18, 10:00 AM
    • 2,705 Posts
    • 2,047 Thanks
    TadleyBaggie
    I occasionally find I have no spam and report buttons. No idea what makes them dissapear.
    Originally posted by AnotherJoe
    The Spam button doesn't appear on certain forums, such as DFW and MFW. There may be other forums where this is imposed too. I've never seen the Report button disappear however.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 14th Apr 18, 10:28 AM
    • 8,334 Posts
    • 8,598 Thanks
    pogofish
    Although I do chuckle at the time someone has clearly spend spamming a forum with USA phone numbers, not realising that it is a UK forum!
    Originally posted by Gary123456790
    Spammers don't care where this forum is located, just that it ranks reasonably high on google and other search engines - that way numbers posted here get indexed by those search engines and are shown fairly high in the results.

Linking-up the spammers profile or even one post in the daily spam threads in Board Feedback is IME the fastest way to get the mods attention, esp on weekends.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,649Posts Today

8,038Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MartinSLewis: Pls help stop people who are suicidal being harassed by creditors. People in hospital due to anxiety, depression & more?

• RT @peterkmartin: Thanks @MartinSLewis after hearing you advise many times to switch energy providers, I finally got my finger out and have?

• I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• Follow Martin