Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • loonywitch
    • By loonywitch 12th Apr 18, 5:01 PM
    • 155Posts
    • 73Thanks
    loonywitch
    Estate Agents Have Not Removed Property Rightmove or their Website
    • 12th Apr 18, 5:01 PM
    Estate Agents Have Not Removed Property Rightmove or their Website 12th Apr 18 at 5:01 PM
    Hi

So basically I gave notice to our estate agents 4 weeks ago. 28 days is required according to their contract, today is day 29 and itís still on their website.

I rang this morning and left a message...no response. Rang about an hr and half ago and was advised they would do it straight away. Itís still not done.

Where do I stand? Iíve told them weíve decided not to sell for ease but in fact I want to instruct a different estate agent.
Page 1
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 12th Apr 18, 5:49 PM
    • 10,355 Posts
    • 13,418 Thanks
    hazyjo
    • 12th Apr 18, 5:49 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 5:49 PM
    Keep nagging if it's still on there by Monday - I'd want it off before it goes on with another EA. Don't want anyone making enquiries through the old one and getting into a battle over who you owe a fee to. Hopefully wouldn't come to that if you've told them to take it off.

Are you sure your contract says you won't owe the first EA anything if you sell through another EA?

They should really be giving the new EA a list of people who have viewed or shown interest so not sure you've made the right move by telling them you're taking it off the market.

It can take a short while for Rightmove to deal with things so give them a chance!
    2018 wins: Single Malt Whisky; theatre tickets; festival tickets; year of gin(!); shoes
    • loonywitch
    • By loonywitch 13th Apr 18, 7:19 AM
    • 155 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    loonywitch
    • 13th Apr 18, 7:19 AM
    • 13th Apr 18, 7:19 AM
    All the people who have viewed bought other properties. Weíve had zero interest since the first week of 2018 and zero effort from them from about 3 months in. Because of how little viewings we had, Iíd recognise anyone who would come to view the property anyway. But to be sure,since the notice period is up I will demand they take it down and say I want to instruct a new estate agent.

Itís still on there this morning and it goes to show how incompetent the company are. I should add, itís also on their website which should be instaneous. Iím by no means impatient. I gave them 28 days notice as per the contract therefore theyíve had ample time to ensure it was removed from the appropriate places on time
    • Morata_
    • By Morata_ 13th Apr 18, 6:18 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Morata_
    • 13th Apr 18, 6:18 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 6:18 PM
    Its a click button job. They are obviously stalling in the hope they get a call.

With any property, its maybe not the lack of work on the EA but the unrealsitic asking price...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,144Posts Today

6,949Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Yes you would think in this electronic day and age. They could put digital ticket machines on trains https://t.co/RPo4XXvrwk

• RT @Mattallwright: Martin: supplementary: Does she know which platform the train is on, or is it Paddington with five minutes notice to cov?

• RT @KTMGordo: @MartinSLewis Imagine Jane is hungry and late for an urgent appointment & needs to buy a sandwich but the queue's huge. Is?

• Follow Martin