Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Shahbaaz
    • By Shahbaaz 12th Apr 18, 4:41 PM
    • 26Posts
    • 9Thanks
    Shahbaaz
    Sr security pcn appeal
    • 12th Apr 18, 4:41 PM
    Sr security pcn appeal 12th Apr 18 at 4:41 PM
    Good afternoon,

I recently received a PCN from SR Security which I appealed with the below message after following the step in the newbies post:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Re PCN number:

I am the keeper of the vehicle which received this purported 'parking charge'. There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. I am not liable and I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs are in small print and the onerous terms are not readable.

Should you fail to cancel this PCN immediately, I require the following information with your template rejection:

1. Does your charge represent damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.

2. Please provide dated photos of the signs that you say were on site, which you contend formed a contract.

3. Please provide all photographs taken of this vehicle.

I am alarmed by your contact and I do not give you consent to process any data relating to me, or this vehicle. I deny liability and will not respond to debt collectors. You must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA, and should you fail to respond accordingly, your company will be reported to the Information Commissioner.

I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and will also be making a formal complaint to your client landowner.

If you are a current BPA member, send me a POPLA code. If you are an IPC firm, cease and desist with all contact.

Yours faithfully,"

They have now responded with this:

"Dear Sir/Madam

With regard to the below e-mail you can either provide the name and address of the driver and we will re-issue the PCN to them or accept liability as the owner of the vehicle and we will then accept the below e-mail as your appeal.

Kind Regards

SR Security Services"

Please could you advise on what I should do next?

Many thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Apr 18, 4:45 PM
    • 17,771 Posts
    • 22,396 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Apr 18, 4:45 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 4:45 PM
    IGNORE and await the next stage, no point in identifying a driver unless you have a REALLY GOOD REASON to dob them in

IGNORE, they are phishing for the drivers details
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Apr 18, 4:55 PM
    • 17,252 Posts
    • 27,166 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th Apr 18, 4:55 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 4:55 PM
    Non-litigious BPA AOS Operator. Await your POPLA Code and get this killed off then.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Shahbaaz
    • By Shahbaaz 12th Apr 18, 5:50 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Shahbaaz
    • 12th Apr 18, 5:50 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 5:50 PM
    Ok thanks!
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Apr 18, 6:03 PM
    • 9,023 Posts
    • 8,686 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 12th Apr 18, 6:03 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 6:03 PM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Apr 18, 12:35 AM
    • 56,105 Posts
    • 69,767 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Apr 18, 12:35 AM
    • 15th Apr 18, 12:35 AM
    "Dear Sir/Madam

With regard to the below e-mail you can either provide the name and address of the driver and we will re-issue the PCN to them or accept liability as the owner of the vehicle and we will then accept the below e-mail as your appeal.

Kind Regards

SR Security Services"
    How amusing. I would reply, just for fun (and yes I mean I would do this):

"Dear Sir/Madam

With regard to the below e-mail you can either provide the POPLA code and you will lose at that stage, due to no keeper liability, or accept liability for demanding money from a registered keeper without any basis in law, and cancel it, to save yourselves the POPLA fee and humiliation on the MSE forum, whose regulars are watching this with interest.

You already have a duty to accept my e-mail as my appeal. Wanna test that, I can always complain to the BPA about your conduct in pretending a keeper's appeal is not an appeal?

Kind Regards
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 15-04-2018 at 12:37 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

40Posts Today

3,420Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin