Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BlueBella
    • By BlueBella 12th Apr 18, 2:32 PM
    • 9,321Posts
    • 324,667Thanks
    BlueBella
    New Forum Version - they've locked me in!
    • 12th Apr 18, 2:32 PM
    New Forum Version - they've locked me in! 12th Apr 18 at 2:32 PM
    Oh no, I was using the old forum layout and today 'they' have changed it to the new forum layout and I cannot change it back! Unhappy but I suppose I will just have to get used to it....
    A big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter

I never knew how strong i was until being strong was my only choice....Don't Judge My Path If You Haven't Walked My Journey....
Page 2
    • chocolateone
    • By chocolateone 12th Apr 18, 6:27 PM
    • 4,504 Posts
    • 264,950 Thanks
    chocolateone
    Thank you Painkiller 100% better

• custardy
    • By custardy 12th Apr 18, 6:31 PM
    • 33,361 Posts
    • 28,236 Thanks
    custardy
    solution (for some) here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5826528

You compers should learn to look outside the comp boards
    • Zanzib
    • By Zanzib 12th Apr 18, 10:08 PM
    • 4,196 Posts
    • 60,278 Thanks
    Zanzib
    I still have the green version at the moment, so much easier on my eyes than the white and blue.

I still have the square screen rather than the long type screen.
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 12th Apr 18, 10:35 PM
    • 36,759 Posts
    • 246,340 Thanks
    mjm3346
    I still have the green version at the moment, so much easier on my eyes than the white and blue.

I still have the square screen rather than the long type screen.
    Originally posted by Zanzib
    Still got the green one (with white at the sides that I am not that bothered about), had a look at "Forum Version Manager" in User CP and my options are Old Version or Latest Version.
    I have been looking elsewhere for a while in case "green" was lost when they did the change and almost all the reasonable value comps are on other several other sites that are easier on the eyes and easier to read than the white version of MSE.
    Internet goodness 24799
    • Ganador
    • By Ganador 13th Apr 18, 10:29 AM
    • 76 Posts
    • 3,067 Thanks
    Ganador
    When it changed to the blue version I didn't like it, but didn't realse you could revert to the green version so persevered with it. When this issue came up a few weeks back I tried swapping back to the green - and hated it!
    Guess my eyes/braim have just got used to this version!
    • Daphne01
    • By Daphne01 13th Apr 18, 10:07 PM
    • 17,615 Posts
    • 959,877 Thanks
    Daphne01
    My page is already at zoom 150% and the writing is still smaller for me than before don't know why they couldn't keep the stretchy setting as there must be more people on me here that don't have good eye sight, I managed to get the stretch view this morning but not there anymore
    Originally posted by cinders59
    I'm the same, I think it would be easier to read if anything written was in bold. I strain my eyes trying to read
    A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.

• BlueBella
    • By BlueBella 17th Apr 18, 1:03 PM
    • 9,321 Posts
    • 324,667 Thanks
    BlueBella
    An update - after not being able to get back to the old MSE format, I decided to be brave and actually give the new blue boards a chance (thinking that one day we will all have to locked into it anyway)....and after two days I felt right at home! They often say 'you can never teach an old dog new tricks' - well if that is true then I must be still a little puppy

I never knew how strong i was until being strong was my only choice....Don't Judge My Path If You Haven't Walked My Journey....
    • J B
    • By J B 17th Apr 18, 5:57 PM
    • 2,675 Posts
    • 919 Thanks
    J B
    I decided to be brave and actually give the new blue boards a chance (thinking that one day we will all have to locked into it anyway)....and after two days I felt right at home!
    Originally posted by BlueBella
    Goodness me - someone likes the blue forum - is this a first??
    • BlueBella
    • By BlueBella 17th Apr 18, 7:14 PM
    • 9,321 Posts
    • 324,667 Thanks
    BlueBella
    I really do like it!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,343Posts Today

8,255Users online

Martin's Twitter