Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chanlf91
    • By Chanlf91 12th Apr 18, 1:38 PM
    • 38Posts
    • 12Thanks
    Chanlf91
    Decision in principle help!
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:38 PM
    Decision in principle help! 12th Apr 18 at 1:38 PM
    Me and my partner are going through a mortgage broker to try and get us a mortgage. We're first times buyers. Our broker has called, he's tried to get a decision in principle but has been referred due to late payments on a water bill but has been paid so broker trying to get lender to overlook that. My issue is, I've just checked credit reports to see if the account has been settled and have noticed that my partner was issued with a CCJ in 2016. Surely that would come up with the DIP if the late payments have?

We was unaware of the CCJ as my partner is a bit clueless about the detrimental effects of them, he doesn't even know who the creditor was so I doubt it would get set aside but it will be satisfied.

What are the chances of the CCJ popping up on the mortgage application? And if it comes up will it look better that it has been satisfied? It's only for 400 and will be paid off in 1 go.

Who knew getting a mortgage was so stressful!
Page 1
    • macman
    • By macman 12th Apr 18, 2:35 PM
    • 42,665 Posts
    • 17,942 Thanks
    macman
    • 12th Apr 18, 2:35 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 2:35 PM
    Satisfied is better than not, but with a CCJ showing on his credit history until 2022, you are going to have to pay more as a result, and your choices will be limited. See what your broker can come up with.
    Any late payments, let alone CCJ's. will have a negative effect on your credit status -why would they 'overlook it'? It's an accurate reflection of your credit history
    Last edited by macman; 12-04-2018 at 2:38 PM.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 12th Apr 18, 3:05 PM
    • 3,886 Posts
    • 7,131 Thanks
    Smodlet
    • 12th Apr 18, 3:05 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 3:05 PM
    What are the chances of the CCJ popping up on the mortgage application?
    Originally posted by Chanlf91
    Somewhere between extremely high and inevitable.

"Who knew getting a mortgage was so stressful!"

Anyone who has ever applied for one.
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,793Posts Today

8,526Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin