Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • apollo9
    • By apollo9 12th Apr 18, 1:26 PM
    • 54Posts
    • 3Thanks
    apollo9
    Conveyancing Advice please
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:26 PM
    Conveyancing Advice please 12th Apr 18 at 1:26 PM
    Well congratulations to me I have finally had an offer accepted.

I do need to start the conveyancing process. I did try some of the local solicitors but they are mostly both rude and expensive.

I did a search and iConvey/ BPL were not rated although the thread is old.

I found the following who seemed reasonable:

• Wym legal - which seem to advertise everywhere and only have 2 google reviews
    • Homewardlegaldirect (online) -
    • Really moving who suggested RMNJ - who had good reviews on the website over the last year and mixed reviews on MSE -

Any recommendations/ advice on the above three please. I have read the threads on choosing an agent. In my last house I picked someone local and it did not seem to make much difference.

I am in a simple chain of 2 and have my mortgage etc all in order. No re-mortgage etc

thanks
    Last edited by apollo9; 12-04-2018 at 1:52 PM. Reason: updated
Page 1
    • klj77
    • By klj77 12th Apr 18, 2:52 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    klj77
    • 12th Apr 18, 2:52 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 2:52 PM
    Our buyers solicitor is RMNJ and they have been inefficient, rude (almost threatening in tone), unhelpful and have slowed a simple transaction down by at least 1 month.

Having said that my sister used them for her purchase FTB and they were fine, different conveyancer though so its luck of draw.

You get what you pay for, our transaction on paper is straight forward so one would think go cheap since wont be an issue, unfortunately RMNJ have made it complex by neglecting to follow procedure, if our buyers had used a local solicitor we would have completed this in February.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,380Posts Today

5,707Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin