Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • toffee_paul
    • By toffee_paul 12th Apr 18, 1:12 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 1Thanks
    toffee_paul
    Gulf Energy - wrong tarriff on CheapEnergyClub?
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:12 PM
    Gulf Energy - wrong tarriff on CheapEnergyClub? 12th Apr 18 at 1:12 PM
    Hi,
    CEC is showing the April 2019 tariff for this supplier however when I've switched to Gulf the tariff is reported as May 2019 which has higher unit prices for gas and electricity and standing charges. Is this a case of CEC being out of date or Gulf being guilty of advertising cheaper rates then once your're on their site they put you on the more expensive tariff?

Thanks
Page 1
    • PaschalFun
    • By PaschalFun 12th Apr 18, 1:22 PM
    • 178 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    PaschalFun
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:22 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:22 PM
    Hi,
    CEC is showing the April 2019 tariff for this supplier however when I've switched to Gulf the tariff is reported as May 2019 which has higher unit prices for gas and electricity and standing charges. Is this a case of CEC being out of date or Gulf being guilty of advertising cheaper rates then once your're on their site they put you on the more expensive tariff?

Thanks
    Originally posted by toffee_paul
    CEC being out of date
    - although to be fair, Gulf only changed this yesterday
    (for info, they only introduced the Apr 2019 tariff a week earlier)
    • toffee_paul
    • By toffee_paul 12th Apr 18, 1:47 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    toffee_paul
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:47 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:47 PM
    Ok, thanks for info.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

149Posts Today

1,695Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Many saying sexism or ego. My suspicion as someone who works in TV is that this is a format point. I'd think whe? https://t.co/AXfrv5YqKA

• I do always ponder when watching apprentice why Lord Sugar is "Lord Sugar" but Baroness Bradey is Karen. #bbctheapprentice

• Lord Sugar just said "she's talking like she's a 50 year old, she knows it inside out?" Genuine question if ther? https://t.co/6cZJ9d2Cni

• Follow Martin