Pip 3033

I have had paperwork today asking for exact dates on 2 of the descriptores that i said have become harder. On the AR1 form i stated month and year but this PIP 3033 form is asking for exact dates. I can't remember the exact date. What am i meant to put?

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,847
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    fluke13 wrote: »
    I have had paperwork today asking for exact dates on 2 of the descriptores that i said have become harder. On the AR1 form i stated month and year but this PIP 3033 form is asking for exact dates. I can't remember the exact date. What am i meant to put?
    I have no idea how they expect anyone to remember the exact date! I would just put the month/year and explain that you can't remember the exact date. That's ridiculous in my opinion. I thought you said they rang you asking you this very question?
  • fluke13
    fluke13 Posts: 104
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    I have no idea how they expect anyone to remember the exact date! I would just put the month/year and explain that you can't remember the exact date. That's ridiculous in my opinion. I thought you said they rang you asking you this very question?

I missed their call Tuesday so rang them yesterday and they said they had sent this letter out already. They then rang back 5 minutes later explaining that they needed to confirm the dates, so i gave them the month/year and that was that. Then today letter arrives (unusually fast considering it was only sent out Tuesday) asking for exact dates.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,921
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Why not give them the as a date the first day of the month?
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • fluke13
    Forumite
    Alice_Holt wrote: »
    Why not give them the as a date the first day of the month?

I think ill just put a date and put approximatly after it. They havent asked for the exact date on the descriptor that i had put had got easier!! This whole process drives me abit mad.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,847
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I think ill just put a date and put approximatly after it. They havent asked for the exact date on the descriptor that i had put had got easier!! This whole process drives me abit mad.
    That's most likely why they want to know the date because if you're not awarded then you may have an over payment, from the date it got easier.
  • fluke13
    Forumite
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    That's most likely why they want to know the date because if you're not awarded then you may have an over payment, from the date it got easier.

I didn't get any points last time for this descriptor but i thought i should tell them that it had got easier anyway. So can't see that it would inccur an overpayment.
  • Danday
    Danday Posts: 436 Forumite
    I didn't get any points last time for this descriptor but i thought i should tell them that it had got easier anyway. So can't see that it would inccur an overpayment.
    That seems logical but unfortunately the DWP are anything but logical in their outlook and decision making.

It has happened to me when I put my review form in. I put no change apart from one item that was causing more of a difficulty. I, like you, put the approx. date and year. Thinking that it would not make any difference as I was already on enhanced for both Care & Mobility I didn't worry.
    I had to have a face to face assessment with the resulting decision of the loss of both enhanced rates.
    That's DWP logic!
  • Tommo1980
    Tommo1980 Posts: 406 Forumite
    Danday wrote: »
    That seems logical but unfortunately the DWP are anything but logical in their outlook and decision making.

It has happened to me when I put my review form in. I put no change apart from one item that was causing more of a difficulty. I, like you, put the approx. date and year. Thinking that it would not make any difference as I was already on enhanced for both Care & Mobility I didn't worry.
    I had to have a face to face assessment with the resulting decision of the loss of both enhanced rates.
    That's DWP logic!

Seeing as we have already established you are fraudulently claiming I would say the DWP got it spot on in your case.

It's only logical, captain cockwash.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    "I think newcomers to this forum need to bear in mind that this is a public site on which anyone can post. You can't assume information is trustworthy, indeed some posters are known to disrupt, post disinformation, and tell tall stories.

I would caution newcomers to be wary of any advice supplied that doesn't contain a link to an authoritative site. Such sites include adviceguide, entitled to, turn2us, revenuebenefits.
    Accredited benefit advice is available from local advice agencies such as Citizens Advice.

Please don't take horror stories about benefit assessments, appeals etc at face value. There are posters on here who whose aim seems to be to alarm, frighten, and generally dissuade OP's from pursuing sensible actions to claim / regain the right benefits.

Harmful and misleading posters are easily identified by the reaction to their posts
  • Danday
    Danday Posts: 436 Forumite
    Tommo1980 wrote: »
    Seeing as we have already established you are fraudulently claiming I would say the DWP got it spot on in your case.

It's only logical, captain cockwash.
    Uummm that is your interpretation.
    There is no need to steer this thread away from what it is. I posted my experience of claiming a change for the worse which eventually led to a reduction in the previous award. It happens to many and is simply a warning to the OP that illogical decisions are made by the DWP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure