Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MrsMik77
    • By MrsMik77 12th Apr 18, 12:39 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MrsMik77
    Parking charge notice even though I paid!
    • 12th Apr 18, 12:39 PM
    Parking charge notice even though I paid! 12th Apr 18 at 12:39 PM
    I received a letter today from Britannia Parking saying I owe £100 or £60 if paid in 14 days because I failed to make a payment for parking.

It gives the time I entered the car park as 4.26pm and left at 5.38pm.

I made the payment through the pay by phone app as instructed in the carpark for £3.40 which was for 2 hours and it says on the app I was eligible to park up to 6.33pm!

How can the company said I havenít paid when I had the amount debited from my account and confirmation via the app??

I used the appeals section on the website and sent them a screen shot of the app which said I was eligible to be there up to 6.33pm and left well within my time!

Itís so frustrating but Iíve got a feeling these cowboys will come back with some excuse!

Any advice or anyone else had this.
Page 1
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 12th Apr 18, 1:18 PM
    • 2,452 Posts
    • 2,994 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:18 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:18 PM
    Edit your post

PLease do as everyone is asked to do, and read the NEWBIES thread, on page one of this forum.

Follow the advice there. Do not skim it, read it. Post 1.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Apr 18, 1:30 PM
    • 9,203 Posts
    • 8,968 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:30 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:30 PM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 12th Apr 18, 2:10 PM
    • 7,146 Posts
    • 6,600 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 12th Apr 18, 2:10 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 2:10 PM
    No it doesn't.

It gives the time your car entered the car park.
    They have no idea who was driving. Keep it that way.

(I'll edit this post as soon as I have seen that you have edited yours to remove all clues to the driver's identity).
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Apr 18, 12:05 AM
    • 57,348 Posts
    • 70,946 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Apr 18, 12:05 AM
    • 15th Apr 18, 12:05 AM
    I received a letter today from Britannia Parking saying I owe £100 or £60 if paid in 14 days because I failed to make a payment for parking.

I made the payment through the pay by phone app as instructed in the carpark for £3.40 which was for 2 hours and it says on the app I was eligible to park up to 6.33pm!

How can the company said I haven!!!8217;t paid when I had the amount debited from my account and confirmation via the app??

I used the appeals section on the website and sent them a screen shot of the app which said I was eligible to be there up to 6.33pm and left well within my time!

It!!!8217;s so frustrating but I!!!8217;ve got a feeling these cowboys will come back with some excuse!

Any advice or anyone else had this.
    Originally posted by MrsMik77
    What, you've appealed already before seeking advice here, & blabbed about who was driving?

Why?

Luckily, it's ONLY Britannia who can be ignored if you now lose at POPLA due to blabbing ab out the driver.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 15th Apr 18, 8:36 AM
    • 10,445 Posts
    • 9,730 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 15th Apr 18, 8:36 AM
    • 15th Apr 18, 8:36 AM
    Is there any chance that the details entered may have been incorrect? Check

Have they taken the parking payment from your card?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 15th Apr 18, 9:46 AM
    • 9,203 Posts
    • 8,968 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 15th Apr 18, 9:46 AM
    • 15th Apr 18, 9:46 AM
    Luckily, it's ONLY Britannia who can be ignored if you now lose at POPLA due to blabbing ab out the driver.

Why should she lose at PoPLA? She paid, can prove it, and did not overstay.

Sometimes I get the impression that some of the regulars are a tad paranoid about not naming the driver. IMO is far better to win on the evidence that by invoking POFA.
    • Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 15th Apr 18, 10:53 AM
    • 1,014 Posts
    • 1,949 Thanks
    Johnersh
    • 15th Apr 18, 10:53 AM
    • 15th Apr 18, 10:53 AM
    I
    s there any chance that the details entered may have been incorrect? Check

Have they taken the parking payment from your card?
    I fear that GuysDad may be correct. All it takes is to type in the wrong car park location code or registration for the "system" to fail to marry up and for a PCN to be issued.

Why should she lose at PoPLA? She paid, can prove it, and did not overstay.
    In principle, i'd agree with this from The Deep too (and it's not often I say that).
    In a lot of cases it will be easier when giving statements and the defendant will appear more candid if s/he can say they were driving and there is no breach of contract/valid contract. That is, of course, case specific, so care is needed.
    "The best advice I ever got was that knowledge is power and to keep reading."
    DISCLAIMER: I post thoughts as & when they occur. I don't advise. You are your own person and decision-maker. I'm unlikely to respond to DMs seeking personal advice. It's ill-advised & you lose the benefit of a group "take" on events.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 15th Apr 18, 10:57 AM
    • 9,203 Posts
    • 8,968 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 15th Apr 18, 10:57 AM
    • 15th Apr 18, 10:57 AM
    Thank you John, at last another poster who can see the wood from the trees.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,680Posts Today

8,475Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin