Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pennypincher2013
    • By pennypincher2013 12th Apr 18, 12:38 PM
    • 309Posts
    • 83Thanks
    pennypincher2013
    Laptop slow since updates
    • 12th Apr 18, 12:38 PM
    Laptop slow since updates 12th Apr 18 at 12:38 PM
    My laptop is a 4 year old, windows 8.1. Yesterday, I did updates to Malware Bytes and did a quick scan (nothing to report) then went to 'update and shut down' the laptop. I went to use the laptop, few hours later, and found it is super slow. Everything is slow e.g. the computer loading up, opening files, using the internet. From the time of me switching it on to me typing this message, it's taken about 20 minutes. The only things that are not slow is the cursor across the screen and registering the keyboard taps.
    Why has my laptop gone slow and what can I do to fix it? Thanks!
Page 2
    • flossy_splodge
    • By flossy_splodge 14th Apr 18, 6:28 PM
    • 2,386 Posts
    • 1,404 Thanks
    flossy_splodge
    Having read this thread and been horrified to hear about CCleaner, I have now downloaded Bleachbit.
    Could someone please give me some details on how to use it? It looks very different to CCleaner which I've used for years!
    A screen shot or two to clarify would be much appreciated as to which boxes I should tick.
    Many thanks
    Originally posted by flossy_splodge
    bump please

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
    ― John Wooden
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

64Posts Today

2,425Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I'm v moved by many of ur comments on #10Things tonight. Very thankful it was seen in the spirit it was meant. I'm? https://t.co/JaeoPqIczM

• RT @MartinSLewis: Many asking about the free finanacial education textbook for schools - it's out in a couple of weeks - here's info https:?

• RT @psychotherapyMM: @MartinSLewis ?there?s a sacrifice? Most valuable point tonight. Success (however that looks) does not come easy. Nobo?

• Follow Martin