Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MaggieSimpson
    • By MaggieSimpson 12th Apr 18, 12:32 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 26Thanks
    MaggieSimpson
    Electric turned off inside flat but meter still running
    • 12th Apr 18, 12:32 PM
    Electric turned off inside flat but meter still running 12th Apr 18 at 12:32 PM
    Last edited by MaggieSimpson; 24-04-2018 at 2:54 PM.
Page 3
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    E.ON Smart Meters
    Hey Malc

Are you assuming the Smart Meter always connectivity and you were able to ping it or is data stored in the Dumb meter?

Sorry I can't call them smart because they are not smart at all!
    Originally posted by mbmonty
    Morning mbmonty.

As we installed MaggieSimpson's meters from new and she hasn't changed supplier, they'll be working as smart meters. As such, although we usually take readings monthly, we can request them at any time. We can also look back to see what they were on a given date in the past. Readings are stored on the meter so, even if there are temporary connectivity issues, we'll still be able to download them once these issues have been fixed.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    E.ON Crossed Meters
    Hi all, not much to update with. Eon were supposed to ring me today to update me on everything but no call so far. I will ring them on Monday but so far not too impressed, have had to chase them up on 3 occasions now when they have promised to contact me. If they do not sort out their customer service, when this is all sorted I will be looking elsewhere for my utilities.
    Originally posted by MaggieSimpson
    Hello MaggieSimpson and I'm sorry you're waiting for a phone call. Is this from our Crossed Meter advisors? If it is, they're open until 8pm tonight so could still call today.

If they don't, they'll be in again tomorrow from 8am to 6pm if this is of help.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 20th Apr 18, 5:40 PM
    • 3,536 Posts
    • 1,595 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    but so far not too impressed, have had to chase them up on 3 occasions now when they have promised to contact me.
    Originally posted by MaggieSimpson
    I'd give Eon a chance (or 4!); the Crossed Meter "team" may be 1 person but at least they have that role - most providers wouldn't have a clue where to start.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
    • mbmonty
    • By mbmonty 21st Apr 18, 11:36 AM
    • 110 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    mbmonty
    I'd give Eon a chance (or 4!); the Crossed Meter "team" may be 1 person but at least they have that role - most providers wouldn't have a clue where to start.
    Originally posted by grumpycrab
    Yes I think his name is Bart Simpson.
    E.ON Crossed Meters
    Originally posted by grumpycrab
    Spot on grumpycrab. This team deal solely with crossed meters and are the only ones with the necessary experience and access to sort this out. There's more than one advisor though.

Malc
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,719Posts Today

5,975Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin