Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jammyberry
    • By jammyberry 12th Apr 18, 12:21 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jammyberry
    combi boiler
    • 12th Apr 18, 12:21 PM
    combi boiler 12th Apr 18 at 12:21 PM
    hi all,
    new to this so please bear with me. i have a glowworm 30cxi combi and here lies the problem, heating works perfectly every time on constant and timed, when heating is on hot water works every time, when combi has been off and is cold the hot water will not fire up the boiler, it tries to fire but fails and goes into f1 fault, most of the f1 faults are to do with gas faults but as it fires up for heating im assuming it cant be that. the diverter valve has been renewed, i was told it could be the pcb any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
Page 1
    • tacpot12
    • By tacpot12 12th Apr 18, 2:36 PM
    • 846 Posts
    • 729 Thanks
    tacpot12
    • 12th Apr 18, 2:36 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 2:36 PM
    The manufacturers fault finding flow chart is available on Page 38 of the manual for the boiler; see https://www.glow-worm.co.uk/glow-worm/cxi-range-157150.pdf

This suggests that the flow sensor could also be a candidate for causing the boiler to not produce hot water when a hot tap is opened, but this probably won't produce an F1 error code...

The F1 code means that the boiler controller has commanded the burner to light, but it has not lit within the normal time allowed for ignition. When a required parameter for the boiler to operate has not been met (now water pressure/fan not running/etc.) the controller would not even command the burner to light, so the problem is with the gas supply/gas valve or ignition.
    • jammyberry
    • By jammyberry 12th Apr 18, 4:43 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jammyberry
    • 12th Apr 18, 4:43 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 4:43 PM
    thank you for that, my only issue with it being anything to do with the gas was that the boiler lights everytime for the heating, that confused me so assumed if valve or ignitor had failed it would fail for both the heating and water and water fires boiler when heating is on
    Last edited by jammyberry; 12-04-2018 at 4:59 PM.
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 12th Apr 18, 8:01 PM
    • 4,365 Posts
    • 9,920 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    • 12th Apr 18, 8:01 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 8:01 PM
    What does this have to do with boosting your income? Surely this would get a better response in another group?
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 34,570.30
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks 2,413.50
    • Alex1983
    • By Alex1983 12th Apr 18, 8:44 PM
    • 808 Posts
    • 473 Thanks
    Alex1983
    • 12th Apr 18, 8:44 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 8:44 PM
    Are you sure that the boiler is firing for hot water when the CH is on and not just working for the heating? I would suspect the flow sensor is faulty but that wouldn't explain the F1 fault, maybe you have 2 issues.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,303Posts Today

8,035Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Facebook today admitted in parliament that after it heard of my defamation lawsuit against it for 50 fake scam ads? https://t.co/XttOnyH9sq

• RT @jamiesusskind: After more than 10 years, and with such sadness, I am leaving Labour. I'm doing it for the same reason that I joined: be?

• RT @Deeangelique_: I suggested @MartinSLewis get 'I Don't Do Ads' tattooed to his forehead yesterday. Today he posted this. I gave Martin L?

• Follow Martin