Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • denz1968
    • By denz1968 12th Apr 18, 11:30 AM
    • 35Posts
    • 3Thanks
    denz1968
    NCP PCN to Keeper
    • 12th Apr 18, 11:30 AM
    NCP PCN to Keeper 12th Apr 18 at 11:30 AM
    Hi there

Just looking for some advice

The keeper of one of our cars has received a PCN from NCP for "parked longer than the time paid for and liability for the same having brought to the attention of the driver by clear signage in and around the site at the time of parking"

The driver on the day did forget to put a ticket on the car, but went back and was told by an NCP attendant that as long as the ticket was put on before midday there wouldn't be a problem. A ticket was purchased at 11:25am and duly put in the vehicle as per the NCP attendants advice.

We have now received the PCN.
    Date of offence 24/03/2018
    Date of sending notice 09/04/2018
    Date of receiving notice 11/04/2018

Does the 14 day rule apply here?

Also with the advice given from the NCP attendant what is our best course of action. We aren't paying it, but do we appeal and not pay, or just do not pay.

I do intend visiting the car park to get photographs of what I am sure is their very unclear signage.

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Apr 18, 11:53 AM
    • 17,350 Posts
    • 27,343 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th Apr 18, 11:53 AM
    • 12th Apr 18, 11:53 AM
    Does the 14 day rule apply here?
    Yes - they're out of time to hold the keeper liable. It does not invalidate the ticket per se.

So you appeal using the template in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1. Do not add or change anything in the template to avoid any danger of revealing the identity of the driver. Get your POPLA Code and your appeal to POPLA will win on the basis of 'No Keeper Liability'.

Also with the advice given from the NCP attendant what is our best course of action.
    Do a Google search on 'Promissory Estoppel'. But the 'no keeper liability' is your ace card.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • denz1968
    • By denz1968 12th Apr 18, 12:39 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    denz1968
    • 12th Apr 18, 12:39 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 12:39 PM
    Yes - they're out of time to hold the keeper liable. It does not invalidate the ticket per se.

So you appeal using the template in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1. Do not add or change anything in the template to avoid any danger of revealing the identity of the driver. Get your POPLA Code and your appeal to POPLA will win on the basis of 'No Keeper Liability'.

Do a Google search on 'Promissory Estoppel'. But the 'no keeper liability' is your ace card.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas

Thanks for the quick response. On my way now to appeal with the template....
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Apr 18, 1:41 PM
    • 17,350 Posts
    • 27,343 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:41 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:41 PM
    You could just add the following final couple of paragraphs.

As your Notice to Keeper has been given outside of the 'relevant period' prescribed in Schedule 4, paragraph 9 (5) of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, you are in no legal position to hold the keeper of the vehicle liable for this charge. As I will not be providing you with the driver's name and address for service (as is my right), I suggest you cancel this charge with immediate effect.

Should you continue to pursue me, despite the above warning, I will immediately raise complaints about your conduct with both the British Parking Association and the DVLA.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • denz1968
    • By denz1968 12th Apr 18, 2:51 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    denz1968
    • 12th Apr 18, 2:51 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 2:51 PM
    thanks, appeal submitted
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

252Posts Today

3,518Users online

Martin's Twitter