Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • activist3
    • By activist3 12th Apr 18, 11:16 AM
    • 113Posts
    • 11Thanks
    activist3
    Minster Baywatch
    • 12th Apr 18, 11:16 AM
    Minster Baywatch 12th Apr 18 at 11:16 AM
    Good Morning, i wonder if anybody would be able to help. We have recieved a ticket for overstaying a carpark in Brecon Cathedral. It is enforced by an ANPR camera. Money was paid for the parking but it is alleged that no money was paid at all. We do not have the receipt for the parking in the window but we have witnesses to putting the money into the machine. We have followed the normal appeal procedure detailed in the Sticky to get the popla code but im wondering if we are knackered now because we dont have the reciept for the parking?
Page 1
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 12th Apr 18, 1:27 PM
    • 2,265 Posts
    • 4,021 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:27 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:27 PM
    Come back when you have the POPLA code. There are a number of points that can be argued as well as the faulty machines - and they are. They've just taken over and already they are upsetting people.

Hope the Cathedral don't want any visitors as they soon won't have any. Try complaining to them but don't hold out hope. The POPLA code is what you want.
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 12th Apr 18, 1:28 PM
    • 6,694 Posts
    • 5,919 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:28 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:28 PM
    Has your appeal been turned down yet?

If so, you need to be preparing your PoPLA appeal. Guidance on how to do that can be found in post #3 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Apr 18, 12:02 AM
    • 56,325 Posts
    • 69,936 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Apr 18, 12:02 AM
    • 15th Apr 18, 12:02 AM
    Why would a decent Cathedral use notorious ex-clampers, Minster Baywatch? Can't they Google?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• activist3
    • By activist3 16th Apr 18, 9:45 AM
    • 113 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    activist3
    • 16th Apr 18, 9:45 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 9:45 AM
    Come back when you have the POPLA code. There are a number of points that can be argued as well as the faulty machines - and they are. They've just taken over and already they are upsetting people.

Hope the Cathedral don't want any visitors as they soon won't have any. Try complaining to them but don't hold out hope. The POPLA code is what you want.
    Originally posted by IamEmanresu
    Thank you, i appealed using the standard template and now i have the Popla Code. Can you advise where to go next?
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 16th Apr 18, 10:00 AM
    • 2,300 Posts
    • 2,749 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 16th Apr 18, 10:00 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 10:00 AM
    Yes, back to the newbies thread, where obviously POPLA appeals are discussed

If in doubt, read the newbies thread FIRST, PROPERLY, then come asking questions.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 16th Apr 18, 10:11 AM
    • 36,567 Posts
    • 82,829 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 16th Apr 18, 10:11 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 10:11 AM
    Thank you, i appealed using the standard template and now i have the Popla Code. Can you advise where to go next?
    Originally posted by activist3
    See post 3 above by KeithP.

Show us your draft appeal before you submit it.

What happened when you complained to the Cathedral? I would go for the Archbishop of the diocese and complain about this bunch of ex clampits. Do some research and include a choice selection of their antics.

Also tell him/her what our MPs said about this unregulated scam when they discussed it in Parliament, and point out that you will be telling everyone you know about the disgusting behaviour of a place of worship. Other churches are available.

These are some of the comments made by the MPs in Parliament concerning the unregulated parking industry (Feb 2018):

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to the church elders. You should also complain to your MP and Sir Greg Knight MP.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 16th Apr 18, 10:20 AM
    • 36,567 Posts
    • 82,829 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 16th Apr 18, 10:20 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 10:20 AM
    Oh dear, the cathedral people really have no idea.

This from their website.

Access, Parking, Toilets etc.
    There is a pay-and-display car park next to the Cathedral (we receive income from ticket sales but not from fines) ...

Fines? It's enough to turn people back into Pagans.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 16-04-2018 at 10:23 AM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 16th Apr 18, 10:36 AM
    • 9,078 Posts
    • 8,781 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 16th Apr 18, 10:36 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 10:36 AM
    You are only knackered if a judge thinks you are not telling the truth. But why should he/she prefer the word of a lying ex clamper over yours?

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

271Posts Today

3,203Users online

Martin's Twitter