Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Smitty
    • By Smitty 12th Apr 18, 10:24 AM
    • 341Posts
    • 67Thanks
    Smitty
    Faster Payments - No longer Instant
    • 12th Apr 18, 10:24 AM
    Faster Payments - No longer Instant 12th Apr 18 at 10:24 AM
    Hello

Has anyone else noticed that faster payments are no longer instantaneous?

I used to be able to send the money from one bank, log in to the target account and see the money. (Apart from Tesco bank)

In the last week or so it seems to take 5-10 minutes. I've noticed this with TSB, Halifax & HSBC.

Kind Regards
Page 2
    • RG2015
    • By RG2015 13th Apr 18, 8:38 AM
    • 1,374 Posts
    • 846 Thanks
    RG2015
    Some members here can be full of themselves. I.e. condescending and patronizing. I think you've told where to go.

Re. 'Faster payments'- did have issues with transfer from first direct to halifax, when I did a small payment followed by a large payment. Also, a small payment afterwards took longer than 'usual'. Large payment took longer than 2 hours.

You may be able to challenge the wording of the terms, as the wording 'usually' is really vague. I.e. Legality is questionable here. Banks should really highlight that it may take up to the close of business the next working day, but they harp on about 'usually' taking no longer than 2 hours. Misleading? of course.

One poster mentioned maintenance.this usually happens in the early hours of the morning. Yesterday, when logging on to nationwide internet banking they had a warning about upcoming maintenance work and faster payments being affected. Hats off to nationwide for the warning.

Some poster's mention not running their finances to the wire. It's alright for some isn't it?
    Originally posted by OceanSound
    Your second paragraph answered the OP's question.

Some may consider the rest of your post to be unnecessary.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,455Posts Today

7,713Users online

Martin's Twitter