Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • the_singing_cyclist
    • By the_singing_cyclist 12th Apr 18, 10:00 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 1Thanks
    How to get the house repossesed???
    • #1
    • 12th Apr 18, 10:00 AM
    How to get the house repossesed??? 12th Apr 18 at 10:00 AM
    Hi, Iíll try to be brief....

    Broke up with violent partner. Own a 4 bed house. Have two kids. He had two from current marriage (wonít divorce her even after 10 years apart) they are 12 and 15 and come to stay every other weekend. He has our kids quite often, 3 nights a week sometimes more.
    I moved out last March after another violent episode but this time 6 weeks pregnant. Moved back to parents (who know what he is like)
    Son is now 7 months daughter 4 in June. He doesnít want to sell the house. Wonít talk about it. Literally just walks away from me when I try to broach the subject. Wonít buy me out. Wonít help to sell it.
    Tried to sell the house since last April. Wouldnít budge. Didnít get a single decent offer. Lowered the price. Still nothing. Itís a beautiful house, opposite a 1st class school. In a gorgeous area near a mainline train station and m25. Now off the market.
    So... desperation is taking hold as I cannot live with parents for much longer. I need the money to put down as deposit (c£70k) I work full time in recruitment and have paid nothing to the house since last August.
    He works part time at the airport (kids still go full time childminder/preschool at £1400/month as he wonít look after them for some reason I dkw)
    His salary is c£20k something like that. Mortgage is up for renewal in March 2019. Brexit time. What happens there? Will it go down in value?
    So - if I call the mortgage co (Halifax) say Iím not living there, not paying towards it etc will they investigate his affordability? Then of course repossess because he canít afford it. (He rents the older girls rooms out on Airbnb) Therefore house sells at best possible price no hassle with forcing a sale etc? Can we do this voluntarily so as to avoid bad credit rating for the next 5 years? Mine is impeccable.
Page 2
    • Pixie5740
    • By Pixie5740 13th Apr 18, 6:06 AM
    • 13,650 Posts
    • 19,665 Thanks
    Two options available to you.

    1) Get a court order which allows you to live in the property but not your ex.

    2) Start legal proceedings to force the sale of the property.

    For either option seek legal advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,633Posts Today

8,470Users online

Martin's Twitter