Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stressmorgage
    • By stressmorgage 12th Apr 18, 9:57 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    stressmorgage
    70/30 Shared ownership - Buying the 30% after term - Default history
    • 12th Apr 18, 9:57 AM
    70/30 Shared ownership - Buying the 30% after term - Default history 12th Apr 18 at 9:57 AM
    So I have had the property 10 years, this is a old scheme via Barretts. Where the builder owns 30%, I do not pay any rent on the 30%. If I where to sell the Barretts gets 30% of the value.

So I have come to the end of the 10 year term, and wish to re mortgage to pay the remaining 30%.

The issue is I have 2x default notices on my account. These account are all paid. I have zero credit borrowing, I have a credit score of 780.
    My partner has a clean credit history and a score of 980.

Halifax our current mortgage provider has said they can not lend my money due to the defaulted history and that I would have to wait 4 years for the defaulted account to drop off..

Im not savy and would like some advice, I do see there are lenders that say they will lend to bad credit clients, but i fear being ripped off with interest rates..
    Please any suggestions, I am extremely stressed!!
Page 1
    • stressmorgage
    • By stressmorgage 12th Apr 18, 11:07 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    stressmorgage
    • 12th Apr 18, 11:07 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 11:07 PM
    77 views and no advice...?
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 13th Apr 18, 8:11 AM
    • 4,445 Posts
    • 2,791 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 13th Apr 18, 8:11 AM
    • 13th Apr 18, 8:11 AM
    consider getting a broker who can match you to a lender potentially
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

122Posts Today

1,691Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin