Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Zarajm76
    • By Zarajm76 12th Apr 18, 9:36 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Zarajm76
    Told value if other offers ??
    • 12th Apr 18, 9:36 AM
    Told value if other offers ?? 12th Apr 18 at 9:36 AM
    We put an offer in on a property and the agent told us the amount of two higher offers ? I found this unusual and am not sure if itís a bluff ??
    Any experience / advice . We havenít been reflected yet as they are making decisions in a few days ??
Page 2
    • ReadingTim
    • By ReadingTim 13th Apr 18, 11:47 AM
    • 2,663 Posts
    • 3,802 Thanks
    ReadingTim
    Perhaps my earlier post was poorly thought out. EAs should be effective enough negotiators to achieve a result their clients are happy with, without the need for illegal tactics such as inventing fictitious buyers and phantom offers.
    Originally posted by Surrey_EA
    EA invent fictitious buyers and phantom offers - no.

EA intimate that there could be other buyers and offers, letting the potential buyer put 2 and 2 together to make 5, thus inventing said buyers and offers for themselves, then EA fail to correct that false assumption - absolutely.

Or is that simply an effective negotiation tactic?!?
    • Penguin2017
    • By Penguin2017 13th Apr 18, 6:55 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Penguin2017
    Surely Real Estate agents do not lie !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

957Posts Today

7,166Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin