Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pinkpig74
    • By Pinkpig74 12th Apr 18, 9:07 AM
    • 28Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Pinkpig74
    When should lease charges stop?
    • 12th Apr 18, 9:07 AM
    When should lease charges stop? 12th Apr 18 at 9:07 AM
    I don't know if anyone can help with my query, but I'm currently leasing a vehicle and my contract expired on 3rd April. I'm paying a pro-rated daily rate until a delivery date for my new vehicle could be arranged.

I found out yesterday that this will happen on Monday of next week so I contacted the lease company and advised them that my current vehicle would be ready for collection anytime as of Friday.

They've said that it could take up to two weeks to arrange collection but am I liable for lease charges during this period? I think it's in the contract that I need to keep the vehicle insured until collection, which is fine, but I figured it might be a bit like a hire car where the charges stop as soon as it's off hire.

The lease company haven't mentioned charges yet but I want to be ready for when they do!

Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 12th Apr 18, 9:44 AM
    • 11,460 Posts
    • 8,253 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 12th Apr 18, 9:44 AM
    • 12th Apr 18, 9:44 AM
    I don't know if anyone can help with my query, but I'm currently leasing a vehicle and my contract expired on 3rd April. I'm paying a pro-rated daily rate until a delivery date for my new vehicle could be arranged.

I found out yesterday that this will happen on Monday of next week so I contacted the lease company and advised them that my current vehicle would be ready for collection anytime as of Friday.

They've said that it could take up to two weeks to arrange collection but am I liable for lease charges during this period?
    I think it's in the contract that I need to keep the vehicle insured until collection, which is fine, but I figured it might be a bit like a hire car where the charges stop as soon as it's off hire.

The lease company haven't mentioned charges yet but I want to be ready for when they do!

Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by Pinkpig74
    Why haven't you asked them, they're the only ones who can tell whether they intend to charge you or not for those 2 weeks?

In theory no, you shouldn't be liable but we don't know what the lease co. T&Cs state about giving notice etc prior to collection.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,709Posts Today

8,186Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin