Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LMM19
    • By LMM19 12th Apr 18, 7:58 AM
    • 15Posts
    • 0Thanks
    LMM19
    Barclays Mortgages - Track It
    • 12th Apr 18, 7:58 AM
    Barclays Mortgages - Track It 12th Apr 18 at 7:58 AM
    Hi everyone,
    I am waiting on a decision regarding my mortgage at Barclays and using the Track-It feature. I am getting frustrated with it as it keeps saying that they require more information and to speak to the Advisor. I rang the mortgage advice line first and they told me we had certain documents missing that we have supplied to the advisor. The online Track It says that they are doing a valuation, but surely if there were items missing they wouldn't have proceeded to this stage yet before making sure everything else is in place first i.e.the money side. The advice line also said when the valuation was booked which the online Track It didn't say. The thing is driving me mad as I can't help but check. It has only been a week but according to the advisor, our mortgage should be straightforward as have no debt or finance and we are not asking for a huge amount. I would appreciate your advice and thoughts.
Page 2
    • LMM19
    • By LMM19 17th Apr 18, 1:18 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LMM19
    I have the same issue as you, it keeps on saying that we require more information and the key illustration facts keeps being updated with a time and date. After some back and forths with our Advisor, it turns out not all the information was uploaded so I had to provide this again. Both the Advisor and the advice line say I should have an answer by close of play today, this has happened yet. How much longer am I going to have to wait!
    • LMM19
    • By LMM19 17th Apr 18, 1:19 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LMM19
    And just like that... a flurry of updates on 'Track It', the most important one being:

Your offer is in the post!!

one step closer...
    Originally posted by Smevchenko
    That is amazing congratulations! Did they text you and what are your timelines?
    • Smevchenko
    • By Smevchenko 17th Apr 18, 1:22 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    Smevchenko
    I wouldn't worry too much about the 'needing more info' bit.

Now mine has updated to offer status it still says they need more info. I assume this means things like signing the declaration etc, now they have sent the offer, they must have everything they want to be able to issue it. Hopefully you won't be waiting much longer!

I didn't receive a text or an email, the only times I have ever received a text update is when they were arranging a valuation. This side of things could obviously be improved. I can imagine the mortgage advisers are busy and obviously cannot give up to the minute updates, but that is where the 'Track It' should be helping out. Instead it generally leaves you wandering whats going on!
    Last edited by Smevchenko; 17-04-2018 at 1:31 PM.
    • ohdear66
    • By ohdear66 17th Apr 18, 1:28 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    ohdear66
    I wouldn't worry too much about the 'needing more info' bit.

Now mine has updated to offer status it still says they need more info. I assume this means things like signing the declaration etc, now they have sent the offer, they must have everything they want to be able to issue it. Hopefully you won't be waiting much longer!
    Originally posted by Smevchenko
    Whoop! So pleased for you! Really hope ours changes soon
    • LMM19
    • By LMM19 17th Apr 18, 1:38 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LMM19
    So you just kept checking the Track It to find out? I think it is poor that they don't let you know you have an offer coming.

What are your timelines for the application, valuation and your offer?
    • LMM19
    • By LMM19 17th Apr 18, 1:40 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LMM19
    Whoop! So pleased for you! Really hope ours changes soon
    Originally posted by ohdear66
    How long have you been waiting?
    • Smevchenko
    • By Smevchenko 17th Apr 18, 1:50 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    Smevchenko
    I have basically just been checking track it for the whole duration, but we have had some contact with the MA as we have gone along. He has mostly been speaking to my wife, but I would say to keep contacting your MA if you feel things are stalling etc. It may be, that there is nothing else they can do, but there may be something outstanding, so best to make sure as the track it system is very vague.

Our timelines are probably going to be much longer than is normal. We are using the springboard mortgage, so there is a bit more legal stuff they want to get sorted before they issue an offer.

Mar 12th - Application goes in
    Mar 14th - DIP issued and credit checks done
    Mar 19th - Valuation arranged
    Mar 26th - Valuation approved

This is where we probably should have contacted our MA more frequently, they wanted a bit more info and needed something specific to the springboard mortgage. There was a 10 day delay at this point whilst we had to wait for something to be sent to us to then upload to Barclays.

Apr 10th - last info uploaded
    Apr 17th - offer issued

Took 5 working days from having all the required info to offer.
    • ohdear66
    • By ohdear66 17th Apr 18, 6:01 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    ohdear66
    How long have you been waiting?
    Originally posted by LMM19
    We had our mortgage appointment on Tuesday 10th so only a week! MA (in branch) said we were going to be looked at by the Premier team and said it was a 3 day turnaround - since then the wait times have increased so she said she is pushing for an offer tomorrow. How long have you been waiting?

H x
    • LMM19
    • By LMM19 18th Apr 18, 8:03 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LMM19
    We had our mortgage appointment on Tuesday 10th so only a week! MA (in branch) said we were going to be looked at by the Premier team and said it was a 3 day turnaround - since then the wait times have increased so she said she is pushing for an offer tomorrow. How long have you been waiting?

H x
    It is coming up to 2 weeks but if our Advisor had uploaded everything correctly we think we would have had it by now. What is bugging me is that I am being told dates, I was told Friday, then I was told by the advice line and my the advisor 'close of play today' this was yesterdaya and nothing. I spoke to my advisor and he said hopefully we will hear today. I also phoned the advice line and they said it should have been yesterday or first thing today. I am sick of getting dates and deadlines and nothing happens. I really do not rate Barclays at all!
    • LMM19
    • By LMM19 18th Apr 18, 12:32 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LMM19
    Update: After being told by the mortgage phone line and my mortgage advisor we would receive an offer by close of play yesterday we received nothing. I have contacted them today and guess what, they said there has been a computer error and our application hasn't even been looked at by an underwriter and an urgent email needs to be made to assign one. This takes 24 to 48 hours (the magic timescales again). Surely this is not right, they are messing about with people's lives, they give deadlines and then to be told no one has even looked at it due to a computer error. Is there anything I can do, I wish had never chosen Barclays!
    • ohdear66
    • By ohdear66 18th Apr 18, 6:37 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    ohdear66
    OMG I bet youíre fuming!! Totally unacceptable!

I would say that the phone line are rubbish (if you get through to India). I chased ours up yesterday and they said itís unafordable! I called my MA in branch and she said that was incorrect and I shouldnít of been told that! Ridiculous. Iíve lost all faith in them and itís such a waste of time if they donít give us an offer after jumping through so many hoops.

Does anyone know if the underwriter just picks the case up as and when as I reply immediately with info and then nothing gets updated?!

H x
    • gjheward91
    • By gjheward91 18th Apr 18, 7:28 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    gjheward91
    They asked for one final document yesterday and said this is the last thing then mortgage offer will be issued....sent it in today and they're still on a 4 day turnaround so a loooong wait until Tuesday
    Last edited by gjheward91; 18-04-2018 at 7:33 PM.
    • LMM19
    • By LMM19 19th Apr 18, 9:28 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LMM19
    OMG I bet youíre fuming!! Totally unacceptable!

I would say that the phone line are rubbish (if you get through to India). I chased ours up yesterday and they said itís unafordable! I called my MA in branch and she said that was incorrect and I shouldnít of been told that! Ridiculous. Iíve lost all faith in them and itís such a waste of time if they donít give us an offer after jumping through so many hoops.

Does anyone know if the underwriter just picks the case up as and when as I reply immediately with info and then nothing gets updated?!

H x
    Fuming is not the word, I was panicking that we may end up losing the house, especially if they needed more information.
    So after confirming yesterday that this 'emergency email' had been sent they advised the underwriters had 24 to 48 hours to pick it up and action it. So I was sat at home just after 5pm feeling pretty low and I logged on to the Track-It (mostly because I thought 'I bet that Key Illustration Facts has been updated again' ) and there was a lot of green ticks including an offer in the post! I could not believe my eyes, I made my husband log on and check his too and even screenshot it just in case. This happened at 4:59pm and then around 7pm we got a text message to confirm an offer, followed by an email confirmation later on.

I am not how they went from 'your application hasn't been assigned to an underwriter and an emergency email needs to be sent' to offer but it is a huge weight off my shoulders.

I am not impressed with Barclays through this process, they have had so many mistakes and caused so much unnecessary stress but we got there, just got to wait for the post now! :-)

I am not sure why they would say to you that it was unaffordable and in terms of the underwriter picking it up, in my case it was a no without multiple calls but after the valuation it is meant to be 24 to 48 hours. Good Luck!
    • Smevchenko
    • By Smevchenko 19th Apr 18, 9:41 AM
    • 82 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    Smevchenko
    Congratulations!!
    • ohdear66
    • By ohdear66 19th Apr 18, 9:28 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    ohdear66
    Congratulations!!

We were asked for more evidence today ffs!! They wanted proof of how I paid my credit cards off so Iíve sent about 20 lots of proof today including email receipts, bank statements and credit card statements just to confirm they are all at nil. So frustrating! Even the mortgage advisor is Shocked that they keep asking for more. Bring on tomorrow and another key facts update
    • LMM19
    • By LMM19 20th Apr 18, 12:01 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LMM19
    Congratulations!!

We were asked for more evidence today ffs!! They wanted proof of how I paid my credit cards off so Iíve sent about 20 lots of proof today including email receipts, bank statements and credit card statements just to confirm they are all at nil. So frustrating! Even the mortgage advisor is Shocked that they keep asking for more. Bring on tomorrow and another key facts update
    That is not good, at least someone is looking at though whereas we were told no one had been allocated and then hey presto they acted. We are just waiting for it to arrive in the post but about an hour after it was updated in the Track It, we got a text, followed by an email.
    Calling them was driving me mad but I do feel that if I wasn't on at them, the missing information wouldn't have been flagged to our advisor and the fact that our application wasn't assigned to anyone wouldn't have been flagged, so keep on them.

We applied on the 5th April and got the offer notification on the 18th, so nearly two weeks which I am told is quick but it doesn't feel that way. Good Luck!
    • Smevchenko
    • By Smevchenko 20th Apr 18, 12:10 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    Smevchenko
    FYI, we were informed of the offer on Tuesday, arrived in post today.
    • ohdear66
    • By ohdear66 20th Apr 18, 8:57 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    ohdear66
    No update from me...underwriter doesnít work Fridays and no one else has access apparently. Not even sure may Iím surprised to be honest. Have a lovely weekend everyone and hopefully Monday will bring some news x
    • ohdear66
    • By ohdear66 23rd Apr 18, 7:53 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    ohdear66
    Still nothing!!!!! So cross!!
    • ohdear66
    • By ohdear66 24th Apr 18, 5:00 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    ohdear66
    We finally have our offer! Whoop!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,307Posts Today

7,960Users online

Martin's Twitter