Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hollyharvey
    • By Hollyharvey 12th Apr 18, 2:36 AM
    • 1,463Posts
    • 14,603Thanks
    Hollyharvey
    O/S Daily Thursday 12th April 2018
    • 12th Apr 18, 2:36 AM
    O/S Daily Thursday 12th April 2018 12th Apr 18 at 2:36 AM
    This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning
Page 2
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 12th Apr 18, 2:10 PM
    • 738 Posts
    • 9,909 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Afternoon all,
    Had a bit of a lie in this morning as window man had an emergency fitting of french doors that had been damaged in a break -in about 7 miles from us. Poor people were scared that the perpetrators would come back to finish the job tonight . So it's the kitchen and pantry today and everything is in the wrong place. Some lounge stuff in the dining room along with some kitchen stuff and the rest if the kitchen/pantry stuff in the lounge. I will be glad to put things back where they belong but the man will be here at least till Monday. I hate it when everything seem to be in a pickle . But I will have to get rid of the layer of dust that's seems to be everywhere and I've given up trying to keep on top of it!
    Just had another call from Joan, thought someone was breaking into her house. That's the third time this week we have told her he's in our house. So sad to see a spirited and energetic woman ( she was still playing lawn bowls 3 years ago at 90 ) get into such an awful state.
    We spent yesterday evening stripping wallpaper from around the patio doors, in readiness for the plasterer to come on Friday. Luckily I still have a spare roll of wallpaper that I can match, now if I can only remember the paint colour too . We will have to get some match pots this weekend and then it will be trial and error.
    We managed to get to our local one stop shop for a top up of bread, milk and biscuits earlier, so I don't need anything else for now, as I made sure the freezers were full. We will have hot dogs for tea and maybe some cake for pudding ( which fell into my basket this morning , not HM sorry Os'ers )
    I'll be glad to get back to my normal routine as the diet and timings of meals has gone to pot . ( Along with the rest of me )
    Hope everyone is having a good Thursday.
    TA enjoy your trip. Think you'll need another break after the kitchen refit . I don't envy the upheaval as this has been bad enough.
    Nelski that photo.... do you want the whole man or just the legs/shorts ?
    Holly how did you get on at the doctors ? I hope she can put your mind at rest.
    AOD and Speky Ouch ! Hope everything is ok.
    Csarina I hope your throat clears up soon.
    Camelot it's unbelievably sad that someone so young has passed. I can't imagine the sorrow of the family involved.
    dp1 hope you had a lovely time. Couldn't you have brought some better weather home too in your suitcase ?
    Ok I'm off to put the kettle on as window man is ready for coffee and biscuits, good job I've got a food handling certificate .
    I shall send out the Sandman to the sleepless, healing thoughts to the poorly and hugs to anyone who is in need. Take care all.
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
    • Nelski
    • By Nelski 12th Apr 18, 3:30 PM
    • 12,424 Posts
    • 39,647 Thanks
    Nelski
    Afternoon all,
    Had a bit of a lie in this morning as window man had an emergency fitting of french doors that had been damaged in a break -in about 7 miles from us. Poor people were scared that the perpetrators would come back to finish the job tonight . So it's the kitchen and pantry today and everything is in the wrong place. Some lounge stuff in the dining room along with some kitchen stuff and the rest if the kitchen/pantry stuff in the lounge. I will be glad to put things back where they belong but the man will be here at least till Monday. I hate it when everything seem to be in a pickle . But I will have to get rid of the layer of dust that's seems to be everywhere and I've given up trying to keep on top of it!
    Just had another call from Joan, thought someone was breaking into her house. That's the third time this week we have told her he's in our house. So sad to see a spirited and energetic woman ( she was still playing lawn bowls 3 years ago at 90 ) get into such an awful state.
    We spent yesterday evening stripping wallpaper from around the patio doors, in readiness for the plasterer to come on Friday. Luckily I still have a spare roll of wallpaper that I can match, now if I can only remember the paint colour too . We will have to get some match pots this weekend and then it will be trial and error.
    We managed to get to our local one stop shop for a top up of bread, milk and biscuits earlier, so I don't need anything else for now, as I made sure the freezers were full. We will have hot dogs for tea and maybe some cake for pudding ( which fell into my basket this morning , not HM sorry Os'ers )
    I'll be glad to get back to my normal routine as the diet and timings of meals has gone to pot . ( Along with the rest of me )
    Hope everyone is having a good Thursday.
    TA enjoy your trip. Think you'll need another break after the kitchen refit . I don't envy the upheaval as this has been bad enough.
    Nelski that photo.... do you want the whole man or just the legs/shorts ?
    Holly how did you get on at the doctors ? I hope she can put your mind at rest.
    AOD and Speky Ouch ! Hope everything is ok.
    Csarina I hope your throat clears up soon.
    Camelot it's unbelievably sad that someone so young has passed. I can't imagine the sorrow of the family involved.
    dp1 hope you had a lovely time. Couldn't you have brought some better weather home too in your suitcase ?
    Ok I'm off to put the kettle on as window man is ready for coffee and biscuits, good job I've got a food handling certificate .
    I shall send out the Sandman to the sleepless, healing thoughts to the poorly and hugs to anyone who is in need. Take care all.
    nan xx
    Originally posted by nannywindow
    Could I have a selection please for the purposes of comparison

Thank you

btw you are so lovely and patient with Joan I feel most people would have lost their rag by now
    • ancientofdays
    • By ancientofdays 12th Apr 18, 5:54 PM
    • 1,599 Posts
    • 18,961 Thanks
    ancientofdays
    Camelot, that's so sad, poor wee boy.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,156Posts Today

8,566Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin