Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Northernsaver18
    • By Northernsaver18 11th Apr 18, 11:22 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Northernsaver18
    Claiming from Midland Bank
    • 11th Apr 18, 11:22 PM
    Claiming from Midland Bank 11th Apr 18 at 11:22 PM
    I thought I had PPI on a loan and CC from Midland in the 1990's but never thought about claiming as I could not be sure, and did not think I had any paperwork, so thought no more of it.

Anyhow, last week I was looking in the loft and found old files of financial stuff and bank statements. Ive now found copies of two protected personal loans, where the PPI was front loaded, and bank statements showing payments over the period of the loan agreements, it also appears that I consolidated between the two agreements, and payed a further amount of PPI, its detailed on my statement, but I dont have the loan agreement for this one. never needed PPI as had the same employer since graduation! with very good benefits.

Ive also had cardholder repayment on my midland CC and I have claimed for this for the period 1995-2000 (the period for which I have statements for)

ive had an initial letter back from HSBC but only in relation to one of the loans, stating they dont have records and closing the claim unless I can provide some evidence of PPI on the loan.

has anyone had success by providing statements alone (for the loan i dont have the agreement no for)

ive no issue providing all the details of the agreements and statements and copies to HSBC.

TIA
Page 1
    • amersall
    • By amersall 12th Apr 18, 7:22 AM
    • 15,240 Posts
    • 18,841 Thanks
    amersall
    • 12th Apr 18, 7:22 AM
    • 12th Apr 18, 7:22 AM
    When you made the mis sell claim you should have sent copies of all the information you have relating to these loans.

They may not take bank statements for the second loan unless they can find you from the payment number, you will need all of the statements for the whole of the loan term, this does not mean that you paid PPI, it will just show the payments made.

Send copies of everything you have and see what they come back with.

They will want to see the loans paid to the end of the loan term.

• Northernsaver18
    • By Northernsaver18 12th Apr 18, 9:35 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Northernsaver18
    • 12th Apr 18, 9:35 AM
    • 12th Apr 18, 9:35 AM
    Hi

thanks for the response

The first loan (for which I have the agreement appears to have been consolidated into the second one and a new PPI charge added,unfortunately I only have my bank statement as evidence, but its clearly stated) the last loan consolidated the second and had a new charge for PPI added (ive got the agreement for this one)

I used the online form from HSBC - no option to attach documents, if it had I would have done this

The bank statements show individual transactions for the PPI at the commencement of each loan, and Ive got almost all monthly statements from the period (fortunately, else I fear i would be stuffed!).
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 12th Apr 18, 1:17 PM
    • 20,000 Posts
    • 10,981 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:17 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:17 PM
    I used the online form from HSBC - no option to attach documents, if it had I would have done this
    Originally posted by Northernsaver18
    Obviously you'll have to respond to their letter by normal mail. Send them your evidence (copies not originals) and point out how you feel it contradicts their conclusions. Send any letter first class, but just get a receipt of postage-don't use Recorded or Registered.

Remember, you need to show that the loan in question had PPI, so you may struggle to do this if your statements show only your loan repayments with no breakdown of what you were actually paying.
    • Northernsaver18
    • By Northernsaver18 12th Apr 18, 1:47 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Northernsaver18
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:47 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:47 PM
    fortunately The PPI payment is a separate line item on the statement and stated as Payment Protection Ins.

So in one line there is a credit for the loan amount + PPI

the next line shows a debit for the whole loan PPI

next line below that is a credit against previous PPI when consolidating loans

have just been copying all statements/agreements this morning and will post tomorrow.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 12th Apr 18, 1:53 PM
    • 20,000 Posts
    • 10,981 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:53 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:53 PM
    fortunately The PPI payment is a separate line item on the statement and stated as Payment Protection Ins.

So in one line there is a credit for the loan amount + PPI

the next line shows a debit for the whole loan PPI

next line below that is a credit against previous PPI when consolidating loans

have just been copying all statements/agreements this morning and will post tomorrow.
    Originally posted by Northernsaver18
    All solid evidence which the Bank won't be able to argue against. Good luck!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

793Posts Today

7,632Users online

Martin's Twitter