Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • faddy
    • By faddy 11th Apr 18, 8:06 PM
    • 446Posts
    • 49Thanks
    faddy
    Firefox Tracking Protection and cashback sites
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:06 PM
    Firefox Tracking Protection and cashback sites 11th Apr 18 at 8:06 PM
    A couple of my recent Topcashback purchases haven't tracked. I think they were the first that I've made since starting to use Firefox Quantum. Does Firefox's Tracking Protection prevent purchases tracking in the same way that Adblock does (so I should have turned it off for TCB)?
Page 1
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 11th Apr 18, 9:21 PM
    • 1,235 Posts
    • 715 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:21 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:21 PM
    The cashback sites can only track your visit to websites by the use of cookies, which the likes of Tracking Protecion (and Private Browsing) can block this. That and the use of Ad-Block in general can also interfere with these websites.
    • esuhl
    • By esuhl 11th Apr 18, 11:09 PM
    • 8,077 Posts
    • 5,841 Thanks
    esuhl
    • 11th Apr 18, 11:09 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 11:09 PM
    An easy way round this is to have a separate browser profile for getting cashback.

Run the command "firefox -p" to open the profile manager and enable multiple profiles.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

297Posts Today

3,574Users online

Martin's Twitter