Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mazzy49
    • By mazzy49 11th Apr 18, 7:56 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 0Thanks
    mazzy49
    Euro car park notice to keeper for not paying and displaying
    • 11th Apr 18, 7:56 PM
    Euro car park notice to keeper for not paying and displaying 11th Apr 18 at 7:56 PM
    Walsall Waterfront car park. I went for something to eat here, a week later I received this notice to keeper (ANPR) . I didn't notice any pay and display meters until driving past them on the way out . Help what is the best way to appeal ? I have read in the past to ignore them ?
Page 1
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 11th Apr 18, 8:03 PM
    • 2,759 Posts
    • 3,481 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:03 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:03 PM
    hi and welcome to the forum ....

please have a read of this thread .... the forum bible

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

and look at the below ....

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP in a complaint and ask him/her to contact Sir Greg Knight MP if he wants further information about this scam.

if you still have questions please ask ...

Ralph
    • mazzy49
    • By mazzy49 11th Apr 18, 9:28 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mazzy49
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:28 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:28 PM
    I did read the Newbies and I did search but didn't really find any other pcn like my one
    Plus I was in a bit off a hurry as I had an angry 10 year old breathing down my neck because i was eating into his technology time on the pc
    I can't do this all on a phone
    Please someone just say yay or nay do I ignore or try and appeal
    I honestly did not notice any signs
    7.30pm on a Sunday night ? It was an entertainment kind of park with Restaurants and cinema who would have thought you'd have to pay to park
    • Castle
    • By Castle 11th Apr 18, 9:37 PM
    • 1,900 Posts
    • 2,576 Thanks
    Castle
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:37 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:37 PM
    Change your first post to remove the driver's identity.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Apr 18, 9:38 PM
    • 9,249 Posts
    • 9,459 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:38 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:38 PM
    Please someone just say yay or nay do I ignore or try and appeal
    Originally posted by mazzy49
    You appeal.
    Guidance on how to do that is in post #1 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

When you read the NEWBIES thread, did you see this bit right near the beginning of the first post:
    Q - ''I have read the NEWBIES thread but cannot find anything specific to my case...my case is different''.

A - NO IT ISN'T. YOU DO NOT NEED SPECIFICS. FORGET THE DETAIL, MOST CASES ARE ALL THE SAME.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Last edited by KeithP; 11-04-2018 at 9:40 PM.
    • financerulez
    • By financerulez 11th Apr 18, 11:47 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    financerulez
    • 11th Apr 18, 11:47 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 11:47 PM
    You may be interested to see this:

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Euro_Car_Parks.html
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Apr 18, 9:46 AM
    • 10,002 Posts
    • 9,828 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 12th Apr 18, 9:46 AM
    • 12th Apr 18, 9:46 AM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • mazzy49
    • By mazzy49 13th Apr 18, 1:08 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mazzy49
    • 13th Apr 18, 1:08 AM
    • 13th Apr 18, 1:08 AM
    Thank you everyone
    It's shocking the amount of money they make
    Now to try and work out how to copy the appeals letter without a printer
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Apr 18, 1:20 AM
    • 9,249 Posts
    • 9,459 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 13th Apr 18, 1:20 AM
    • 13th Apr 18, 1:20 AM
    Can you not appeal via their website?
    No printer required for that - just copy and paste.

Remember, appeal as the keeper.
    • mazzy49
    • By mazzy49 15th Apr 18, 3:19 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mazzy49
    I've now printeed the template I re read the newbie thread so I'm just about to post Thanks again
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 15th Apr 18, 3:25 PM
    • 9,249 Posts
    • 9,459 Thanks
    KeithP
    The guidance offered in the NEWBIES FAQ thread is:
    DON'T POST IT BY ROYAL MAIL UNLESS YOU HAVE NO OTHER OPTION ON THE PCN. CERTAINLY NOT BY RECORDED DELIVERY - FORGET THAT! - ALWAYS USE THE ONLINE APPEAL PAGE - OR EMAIL IF OFFERED AS AN OPTION ON THE NOTICE - BECAUSE THE APPEAL CANNOT GET LOST AND YOU CAN KEEP PROOF/ A SCREENSHOT
    Have you really no other option than Royal Mail?
    • mazzy49
    • By mazzy49 15th Apr 18, 3:31 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mazzy49
    I'm going to post it through the letterbox
    • mazzy49
    • By mazzy49 15th Apr 18, 3:33 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mazzy49
    I'm going to hand post it, its not far from me
    • mazzy49
    • By mazzy49 15th Apr 18, 3:37 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mazzy49
    would it be a good idea to do the email too? I went into the same restaurant branch yesterday but a different area and you could not miss the signs warning people that it was a pay and display. The one I received the pcn from had no signs and the staff did not warn me there was loads of them standing around, it's not as though they were busy and rushed off there feet that they didn't have time to warn me . When I rang them to help they said its always happening there.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Apr 18, 3:43 PM
    • 37,275 Posts
    • 21,442 Thanks
    Quentin
    Why not follow the advice here to always use email/online appeal?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 15th Apr 18, 4:06 PM
    • 9,249 Posts
    • 9,459 Thanks
    KeithP
    I'm going to post it through the letterbox
    I'm going to hand post it, its not far from me
    The only problem with that is you will have absolutely no proof of them ever having received it.

If you can hand deliver and get a receipt from someone that would be better.

But as Quentin says, why not follow the guidance offered?
    Last edited by KeithP; 15-04-2018 at 4:09 PM.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 15th Apr 18, 5:36 PM
    • 10,557 Posts
    • 9,911 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    You are getting excellent help here already so no need for me to duplicate. So something different.

Every time a motorist enter a car park that is not their own drive, they should check the t&c applicable.

Since I joined this forum, I do this every time.

It's amazing how many drivers get caught multiple times in different parks.

Please remember in future to save the bother.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Apr 18, 1:54 AM
    • 61,584 Posts
    • 74,483 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Why are you posting a letter to ECP?

They have an online appeal portal, use it now. Choose 'registered keeper' of course, not driver.

The NEWBIES thread tells you NOT TO POST APPEALS unless you have no choice.

STOP. No printed letters of appeal. NONONO.

Help what is the best way to appeal ? I have read in the past to ignore them ?
    Why post a new thread first, having read nothing at all here, not even the sticky threads? Why do I bother? Is it a pointless plea that I ask people to simply read the NEWBIES thread FIRST? This is already answered there.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 07-05-2018 at 12:35 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• mazzy49
    • By mazzy49 18th Apr 18, 6:43 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mazzy49
    Why not follow the advice here to always use email/online appeal?
    Originally posted by Quentin
    to be honest it was all a bit rushed
    • mazzy49
    • By mazzy49 7th May 18, 12:23 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mazzy49
    I have received a rejection letter ,this is all so confusing when you have been at work all day. I have my popla code and have written down a few bullet points on why I'm appealing this . My question is do I now need to pay someone to help me? as when I clicked on the link it said 19
    Thanks in advamce
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,276Posts Today

7,022Users online

Martin's Twitter