Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Akelly
    • By Akelly 11th Apr 18, 2:24 PM
    • 33Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Akelly
    Help please
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:24 PM
    Help please 11th Apr 18 at 2:24 PM
    Wondering if anyone could help me please.

so ive closed my account with Yorkshire bank. I had a 600 overdraft with them. I advised I wanted the closure done 3 weeks ago. Today I thort I would check on my Yorkshire bank app and its in credit? so I have a credit of 38.67 and my overdraft is 638.

I rang Yorkshire and said what is this 638 and he said its been paid as a CR under advice. Does anyone know what that is?
    The customer advisor on the phone was totally confused and did not know where this payment has come from. He was asking me if they owed me money.

Im totally lost/thrown as the overdraft is only 600 so where is the 38 come from? better still is this 600 actually mine and been paid ( as I have requested funds back from bank charges but they never replied back to me )
Page 1
    • Akelly
    • By Akelly 11th Apr 18, 2:26 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Akelly
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:26 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:26 PM
    I'd ask for the figures first before you decide to pay anything back.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 11th Apr 18, 7:56 PM
    • 15,875 Posts
    • 14,926 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 11th Apr 18, 7:56 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 7:56 PM
    We move posts if we feel they will get more help elsewhere.

Thanks
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

455Posts Today

3,754Users online

Martin's Twitter