Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jaywood89
    • By Jaywood89 11th Apr 18, 7:44 PM
    • 160Posts
    • 74Thanks
    Jaywood89
    NatWest valuation
    • 11th Apr 18, 7:44 PM
    NatWest valuation 11th Apr 18 at 7:44 PM
    So my mortgage broker has ported my mortgage offer from a property sale that fell through to a new one last week, I paid the new valuation fee Monday. My broker emailed today to say the valuation still hasnít been booked but they will keep chasing.

Is this normal? When we first applied it was booked the same day and done 3 days later so I have no frame of reference here.

Bit miffed they have taken money but not booked anything
Page 1
    • MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 11th Apr 18, 8:25 PM
    • 6,197 Posts
    • 3,057 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:25 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:25 PM
    It all depends on the workload of both the lender and firm of surveyors that will be doing the valuation. Give it until Friday then chase again.
    Hi there! Weíve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if youíre unsure why itís been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • ACG
    • By ACG 11th Apr 18, 8:27 PM
    • 17,325 Posts
    • 9,180 Thanks
    ACG
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:27 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:27 PM
    It could be the lender - unlikely.
    It could be the surveyor.
    It could be the agents.
    It could be the vendor.

No point getting miffed at anyone until you know who to be miffed at.
    Call the agents and ask if the surveyors have been in touch. Maybe get the number for the surveyors from your broker and ask the agents to call the surveyors?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 11th Apr 18, 8:48 PM
    • 59,522 Posts
    • 52,825 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:48 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:48 PM

Bit miffed they have taken money but not booked anything
    Originally posted by Jaywood89
    Easter holidays ?
    Financial disasters happen when the last person who can remember what went wrong last time has left the building.
    • Jaywood89
    • By Jaywood89 11th Apr 18, 8:52 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    Jaywood89
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:52 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:52 PM
    Thanks for the replies, looks like it!!!8217;s to be worried about from what you are all saying. I wasn!!!8217;t even sure the suveyors booked with the vendor but now I think about it I!!!8217;m betting that!!!8217;s the issue, she!!!8217;s abit if a flakey woman from what I!!!8217;m learning. I!!!8217;ll give it the rest of the week before I start chasing people the.
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 12th Apr 18, 8:16 AM
    • 33,872 Posts
    • 18,390 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 12th Apr 18, 8:16 AM
    • 12th Apr 18, 8:16 AM
    L&G Surveyors (NatWest, Santander, Metro Bank) are currently having service issues resulting in valuations taking longer and reports not getting back to lenders as quickly.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • the_quick
    • By the_quick 12th Apr 18, 11:14 AM
    • 72 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    the_quick
    • 12th Apr 18, 11:14 AM
    • 12th Apr 18, 11:14 AM
    We are going through process with natwest, application submitted Tuesday, surveyor contacted me on Wednesday to check details and later send paperwork to sign, they said they will call agents to arrange access, but not sure if they booked anything yet. But contact was already established
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 12th Apr 18, 12:49 PM
    • 33,872 Posts
    • 18,390 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 12th Apr 18, 12:49 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 12:49 PM
    We are going through process with natwest, application submitted Tuesday, surveyor contacted me on Wednesday to check details and later send paperwork to sign, they said they will call agents to arrange access, but not sure if they booked anything yet. But contact was already established
    Originally posted by the_quick
    You're having a more in-depth survey, rather than a basic mortgage report & valuation.

Typically the two are carried out by different people as higher qualifications are needed for the survey.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • walkersneed
    • By walkersneed 12th Apr 18, 1:06 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    walkersneed
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:06 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:06 PM
    Natwest appointed L&G for my basic valuation, then when I switched to a homebuyer's survey they appointed Connells instead.

While L&G may be having service issues, Connells may be doing fine now.
    • Jaywood89
    • By Jaywood89 12th Apr 18, 8:39 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    Jaywood89
    Turns out it was the vendors.
    All booked for the 16th now. Hopefully we will have it back by the end of next week
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,033Posts Today

7,025Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin