Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Prudence1
    • By Prudence1 11th Apr 18, 6:14 PM
    • 40Posts
    • 31Thanks
    Prudence1
    Tesco Savings Acc - no longer able to fund with DD
    • 11th Apr 18, 6:14 PM
    Tesco Savings Acc - no longer able to fund with DD 11th Apr 18 at 6:14 PM
    I've received a letter from Tesco bank to say that from 22nd April I will no longer be able to fund my two Tesco saving accounts using direct debits.

This is a bit of a problem, as I have a few accounts that require two direct debits in order to yield benefits (rewards / interest).
    Any suggestions as to an alternative?
Page 1
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 11th Apr 18, 6:17 PM
    • 2,380 Posts
    • 1,792 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    • 11th Apr 18, 6:17 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 6:17 PM
    Crikey thats news.....
    • joeblags
    • By joeblags 11th Apr 18, 6:21 PM
    • 156 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    joeblags
    • 11th Apr 18, 6:21 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 6:21 PM
    the combo of reduced interest rates along with finding several new DD'S, its become more hassle than its worth now tbh.. not going to start opening credit cards or other accounts to try and find 4/6 dd's. I rang Tesco my self this morning to remove the money I had and close my online savers, I just need to close a couple of bank accounts now.
    • msallen
    • By msallen 11th Apr 18, 6:22 PM
    • 807 Posts
    • 891 Thanks
    msallen
    • 11th Apr 18, 6:22 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 6:22 PM
    Try starting here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5730177
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 11th Apr 18, 9:14 PM
    • 9,039 Posts
    • 5,387 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:14 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:14 PM
    I've received a letter from Tesco bank to say that from 22nd April I will no longer be able to fund my two Tesco saving accounts using direct debits.

This is a bit of a problem, as I have a few accounts that require two direct debits in order to yield benefits (rewards / interest).
    Any suggestions as to an alternative?
    Originally posted by Prudence1

Did you really not know until you received the email ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,987Posts Today

7,219Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin