Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pluko
    • By Pluko 11th Apr 18, 5:23 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Pluko
    2nd PPI clam on the same loan
    • 11th Apr 18, 5:23 PM
    2nd PPI clam on the same loan 11th Apr 18 at 5:23 PM
    I made a successful ppi claim in 2014 against natwest, i received 13k payment from a loan taken out in 2001. I got a call from a CMC (that work alongside my union, which is why was giving him the time of day and not just hanging up on him) i said no thanks I've already had a payout, he then said that there is now a new claim for people that have already be paid out. He said that its a claim that the correct amount isn't being paid out and that i can claim again.

Is this true?

If this is true, can i still make the claim even if i have received a letter from natwest stating that this is the end on the matter and consider the matter closed
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 11th Apr 18, 5:44 PM
    • 18,142 Posts
    • 19,342 Thanks
    zx81
    • 11th Apr 18, 5:44 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 5:44 PM
    It's not true.

Unless you do actually mean you made a claim, rather than complaint, in which case you can put in a complaint, though with reduced chances of success.

But I assume you mean complaint.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 11th Apr 18, 5:58 PM
    • 93,986 Posts
    • 61,788 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 11th Apr 18, 5:58 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 5:58 PM
    e then said that there is now a new claim for people that have already be paid out
    There isnt. That is a blatent lie.

He said that its a claim that the correct amount isn't being paid out and that i can claim again.
    There is no such thing.

Is this true?
    No. However, like most scams, there is a basis of fact in the information but is being used for potential financial gain.

Some of the banks have been going back on old complaints during certain dates and reviewing decisions or using newly found data to issue further amounts. For example, Lloyds has been going back on comparative redress cases and changing some of those. Barclaycard have found tranches of new data that can increase the payment history.

All these banks are doing it pro-actively. it does not require you to anything. It has either happened or in the queue to happen or you are not affected by a review.

The original CMC, if one used, is not allowed to be paid on any extra amount received as they have had nothing to do with it. However, if a CMC puts in a follow up complaint on your behalf and the bank sees you in the review list, they bring it forward in the queue, look at the decision and if they pay out more, the new CMC is allowed to take a cut of it. Despite not actually having anything to do with the decision other then cause it to be looked at earlier.

As yours was loan PPI, if you received a full refund of the premium, then there is nothing new to receive.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,709Posts Today

8,186Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin