Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • supercavy
    • By supercavy 11th Apr 18, 3:39 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    supercavy
    Online estate agency recommendation
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:39 PM
    Online estate agency recommendation 11th Apr 18 at 3:39 PM
    Looking to sell a property in the Shropshire/Worcestershire border area and wondered if anyone in that area had any experience of using one of the on-line Estate Agents that are now advertising. Good or bad I need to know as even though they are cheaper than High Street offices, there are still considerable costs involved and there is the old saying "you get what you pay for".
    Hoping some of you out there can help.
Page 1
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 11th Apr 18, 4:28 PM
    • 10,777 Posts
    • 14,142 Thanks
    hazyjo
    • 11th Apr 18, 4:28 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 4:28 PM
    Have heard good things about housenetwork and eMoov. Wouldn't have thought it would make an awful lot of difference where you are.

(The cynic in me wonders whether some newbie's about to come along and rave about an online agency... )
    2018 wins: Single Malt Whisky; theatre tickets; festival tickets; year of gin(!); shoes
    • s_glover
    • By s_glover 11th Apr 18, 4:48 PM
    • 386 Posts
    • 1,269 Thanks
    s_glover
    • 11th Apr 18, 4:48 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 4:48 PM
    I've heard good things about House Network too. We're just about to put our house on the market with them.

We were impressed during the valuation visit but it's far to early to know whether they are worthy or a recommendation or not.
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 11th Apr 18, 4:57 PM
    • 10,777 Posts
    • 14,142 Thanks
    hazyjo
    • 11th Apr 18, 4:57 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 4:57 PM
    I've heard good things about House Network too. We're just about to put our house on the market with them.

We were impressed during the valuation visit but it's far to early to know whether they are worthy or a recommendation or not.
    Originally posted by s_glover
    My ex-next-door-but-one neighbour (now just 'a friend'!) used them and was more than happy. Wish I had! Was adamant I'd use one or the other, whittled it down to these two, and then bottled it cos I had every single bloody person (mainly my nervy BF) telling me to use a local EA as we'd found a house we wanted and he thought they might be quicker in the long run. He was wrong and I should have listened to my own head.
    2018 wins: Single Malt Whisky; theatre tickets; festival tickets; year of gin(!); shoes
    • kinger101
    • By kinger101 11th Apr 18, 7:19 PM
    • 4,437 Posts
    • 6,167 Thanks
    kinger101
    • 11th Apr 18, 7:19 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 7:19 PM
    I've used Emoov previously, and was satisfied with them, particular their sales progression team. Would use them again. Many local agents will also offer a lower fee packing which excludes viewings, so I wouldn't rule these out.
    • googler
    • By googler 11th Apr 18, 8:02 PM
    • 14,814 Posts
    • 9,724 Thanks
    googler
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:02 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:02 PM
    Asked and answered many times before in this forum.

I encourage you to use the search function, rather than have everybody type it all up again...
    • supercavy
    • By supercavy 13th Apr 18, 11:55 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    supercavy
    • 13th Apr 18, 11:55 AM
    • 13th Apr 18, 11:55 AM
    Thanks everyone for your recommendations. I might contact House Network and see what they have to offer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

485Posts Today

5,583Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin