Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 11th Apr 18, 3:18 PM
    • 189Posts
    • 88Thanks
    MSE Callum
    0 WOW
    MSE News: BA launches new cheaper hand luggage only fare for long-haul flights
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:18 PM
    0 WOW
    MSE News: BA launches new cheaper hand luggage only fare for long-haul flights 11th Apr 18 at 3:18 PM
    British Airways has launched a new long-haul 'basic' fare for customers who don't want to check in luggage or select a seat - and it will be up to £60 cheaper than standard fares...
    Read the full story:
    'BA launches new cheaper hand luggage only fare for long-haul flights'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Page 2
    • trevjl
    • By trevjl 15th Apr 18, 11:02 AM
    • 47 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    trevjl
    More idiots then
    Awful idea. I fly dozens of times a year and mainly transatlantic. Watching the ridiculous amount of "hand luggage" people are allowed to bring on is my pet hate. Had a right row on AA as I was told to put my small backpack under the seat, as there was not enough locker space. I refused as I pointed out that I had ONE backpack and if they allowed people to bring large cases and handbags and laptop bags and shopping onboard, it was there problem not mine. They soon backed down.
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 15th Apr 18, 5:46 PM
    • 23,787 Posts
    • 61,897 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Awful idea. I fly dozens of times a year and mainly transatlantic. Watching the ridiculous amount of "hand luggage" people are allowed to bring on is my pet hate. Had a right row on AA as I was told to put my small backpack under the seat, as there was not enough locker space. I refused as I pointed out that I had ONE backpack and if they allowed people to bring large cases and handbags and laptop bags and shopping onboard, it was there problem not mine. They soon backed down.
    Originally posted by trevjl

Absolutely. American flights are ludicrous, where people seem to travel with so-called hand luggage bigger than my suitcase for a fortnight.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • greenbee
    • By greenbee 15th Apr 18, 5:57 PM
    • 12,423 Posts
    • 218,850 Thanks
    greenbee
    Agree with the comments on size of hand baggage... and there is so much of it that it causes delays boarding and disembarking. I'd be tempted to suggest reduce hand baggage to one personal item as standard, with one free item of hold baggage and then charging a premium for extra hand baggage for all those business people who don't want to wait for their bags... I'm pretty sure they'd make more money that way.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,674Posts Today

8,655Users online

Martin's Twitter