Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AnneR
    • By AnneR 11th Apr 18, 3:05 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    AnneR
    Tax credit:time limit & help
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:05 PM
    Tax credit:time limit & help 11th Apr 18 at 3:05 PM
    Hi, I'd really appreciate help with a Tax Credit query. I came off tax credit when my salary went up and I advised the Tax Credit people of all changes. When my review came I completed it in Feb 17 and now do not claim tax credits.

I have just received a query saying I have only told them my personal circumstances were incorrect but now how! How long do they have to make ridiculous enquiries?

What shall I do, shall I readvise them the info I have already told them, call them or how to tackle.

Last time tax credits decided I have claimed incorrectly for child care costs I appealed, it was a nightmare and they overturned my appeal with no real reasons given as to why they decided I was wrong.

This letter has come from a compliance officer so I am quite worried they will decide I owe them money.

Thanks for your help.

Anne
Page 1
    • Darksparkle
    • By Darksparkle 11th Apr 18, 3:09 PM
    • 5,302 Posts
    • 3,463 Thanks
    Darksparkle
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:09 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:09 PM
    I'd just call the officer. Hard to comment without knowing more about the review you are referring to in Feb 2017 as that's not in the normal timeframe for the annual review (renewal) process.
    • AnneR
    • By AnneR 11th Apr 18, 3:46 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AnneR
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:46 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:46 PM
    hi, thanks for your suggestions.

I have dug around and found the letter I wrote 15 June 2017 with the changes in so I will send another copy and hope that is the end of the matter!

How long do tax credits have to raise queries?

Best wishes

Anne
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

868Posts Today

6,789Users online

Martin's Twitter