Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Haz29
    • By Haz29 11th Apr 18, 2:31 PM
    • 56Posts
    • 9Thanks
    Haz29
    2 jobs and mortgage
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:31 PM
    2 jobs and mortgage 11th Apr 18 at 2:31 PM
    Hey all
    I have(will be having) 2 jobs
    Sunday-thursday
    2 days one job
    3 days the other job
    I was wondering when getting a mortgage do they take both jobs into account the total annual income for both jobs to decide how much they will be lending?
    Thanks
Page 1
    • chelseablue
    • By chelseablue 11th Apr 18, 2:50 PM
    • 2,651 Posts
    • 3,077 Thanks
    chelseablue
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:50 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:50 PM
    When I purchased my first place in 2010 I had 2 jobs, worked full time Monday to Friday, then on 2 evenings a week and Saturdays I worked in a supermarket.

When I applied for my mortgage I told them about both jobs and they asked for payslips from both
    Mortgage starting balance 231,000
    Mortgage after Year 1 225,000
    Mortgage after Year 2 218,000
    • Alarae
    • By Alarae 11th Apr 18, 5:09 PM
    • 328 Posts
    • 337 Thanks
    Alarae
    • 11th Apr 18, 5:09 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 5:09 PM
    I have just secured a mortgage on a full time job and a second (zero hour) part time.

Make sure if you are not using a broker that you select a lender that will take 100% of second job income, as some will only take a percentage or will take the lower of your last p60 or annualised amount. The intermediary websites of the lenders normally publish their income criteria there.

Also, some will only consider a second job if it is in a related field to your first job.

As long as you choose the right lender and hit affordability, you should be okay (subject to credit scoring by the lender).
    Save 10k in 2018: #58

4,111.44 / 10,000 - 41.11%
    • MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 11th Apr 18, 8:31 PM
    • 6,268 Posts
    • 3,105 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:31 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:31 PM
    All lenders have a different stance on this, and the fact you have two jobs is just one small piece of the puzzle when selecting the right lender.

There are lenders who would consider taking 100% income from both jobs, but you'll need a bit of employment history with both jobs showing regular hours.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Haz29
    • By Haz29 11th Apr 18, 8:44 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Haz29
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:44 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:44 PM
    Anybody know which lender take 100% on both incomes?
    Is 3 year employment and 3 months on other enough although wage increased on last month on 2nd job
    • Haz29
    • By Haz29 11th Apr 18, 9:11 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Haz29
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:11 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:11 PM
    Would it matter if their are 2 applicants with same jobs
    • MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 11th Apr 18, 9:35 PM
    • 6,268 Posts
    • 3,105 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:35 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:35 PM
    Hello

Not possible to name lenders as there are too many other variables that could discount a particular lender for your situation.

Some lenders will accept three months or less in a job if you are not in a probationary period and its permanent. It also helps if you've worked in the same type of work previously.

The three years in your other job will be fine.

You need to discuss your situation in more detail with a whole of market mortgage adviser. They will be able to look at your whole situation and tell you what the likelihood is of getting a mortgage, or if you need to wait a while longer, and what will be required when you apply for the mortgage itself. They will, when you are in the right position to buy, be able to recommend a specific mortgage lender and a product that suits your needs.

A mortgage is a huge financial commitment, its important to get it right first time.

MM
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,037Posts Today

7,400Users online

Martin's Twitter