Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • waterrrmelon
    • By waterrrmelon 11th Apr 18, 2:20 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    waterrrmelon
    DRP taking further action.
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:20 PM
    DRP taking further action. 11th Apr 18 at 2:20 PM
    Hi there!
    I hope Iím doing this correctly.

I have received upto 6 letters from the DRP in relation 5 occasions where my car was parked in a private car park.

The charges are excessive being £160 per letter they have sent and I refuse to pay the amount. I have ignored all letters from UKCPS Ltd and they have now referred this to DRP who have given me until the 18th of April to pay, and I have ignored them also so far.

Just needing your advise, what do I do from here?
    Last edited by waterrrmelon; 26-04-2018 at 6:48 PM. Reason: Wrong info
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Apr 18, 2:29 PM
    • 18,974 Posts
    • 29,848 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:29 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:29 PM
    1. Read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 to understand the game you are now embroiled in (including why you should never reveal who was driving the vehicle - your opening post needs to be edited to reflect that advice).

2. Read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #4 which tells you how to deal with debt collectors.

DRP are harmless, powerless and the only 'further action' that they can take against you is to send you another letter, then another, and another ........, for about 6 months, then they crawl away.

Don't ignore a Letter Before Action/Claim or real court papers - come back if you get either for help here.

Please confirm the parking company involved - NCPS is not recognised. Absolute accuracy in using acronyms of parking companies is essential as there are many with very similar abbreviations.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 11-04-2018 at 2:31 PM.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Apr 18, 1:47 AM
    • 60,110 Posts
    • 73,256 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Apr 18, 1:47 AM
    • 14th Apr 18, 1:47 AM
    DRP taking further action
    Not possible!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 14th Apr 18, 8:45 AM
    • 3,129 Posts
    • 4,796 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 14th Apr 18, 8:45 AM
    • 14th Apr 18, 8:45 AM
    DRP taking further action

Yes they will take further action....they will probably send you some more letters headed "Zenith Collections" !
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 14th Apr 18, 9:28 AM
    • 9,968 Posts
    • 9,766 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 14th Apr 18, 9:28 AM
    • 14th Apr 18, 9:28 AM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 14th Apr 18, 9:58 AM
    • 8,176 Posts
    • 10,708 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 14th Apr 18, 9:58 AM
    • 14th Apr 18, 9:58 AM
    HA ... DRP, ZENITH or any other stupid debt collector
    involved in the parking industry are simply plebbies and
    MUST BE IGNORED at all times.

Bunch of tea leaves
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • waterrrmelon
    • By waterrrmelon 26th Apr 18, 6:50 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    waterrrmelon
    • 26th Apr 18, 6:50 PM
    • 26th Apr 18, 6:50 PM
    Thanks for the advice everyone! Iíve edited the thread with the correct details. I have since received a further 6 letters from DRP, am I okay to carry on ignoring these? Or should I appeal?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 26th Apr 18, 6:54 PM
    • 36,872 Posts
    • 21,007 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 26th Apr 18, 6:54 PM
    Follow the advice in #4 of the Newbies FAQ thread

There really is no need to post about the letters you get from drp!

See:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663
    Last edited by Quentin; 26-04-2018 at 7:19 PM.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 26th Apr 18, 6:54 PM
    • 18,915 Posts
    • 23,903 Thanks
    Redx
    much too late to do any appeal, appeals must be made within 21 days to IPC operators

as for DRP/ZENITH , its IGNORE , IGNORE , IGNORE

you should not have to be repeatedly told to IGNORE , that advice has NEVER changed

The only action DRP are taking is to print a threatening template A4 sheet of paper, to put it in an envelope, seal it , frank it and post it, because that is all they can do

its a formal LBC or an MCOL you cone back for advice on , which is dealt with in post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread

at this time you are stuck on post #4
    Last edited by Redx; 26-04-2018 at 6:57 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

252Posts Today

2,057Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin