Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pinkcocktail82
    • By pinkcocktail82 11th Apr 18, 2:12 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 3Thanks
    pinkcocktail82
    Rental Exchange Scheme: Credit Ladder
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:12 PM
    Rental Exchange Scheme: Credit Ladder 11th Apr 18 at 2:12 PM
    Hi,
    Does anyone have a info on this subject. I have been paying my rent via credit ladder, a scheme to enable my rent payments to be reported to Experian, with the purpose of improving my credit score in time.
    I have been doing this since July 2017. None of these payments are yet visible on my report. Experian have changed the 'go live' if you like date twice. Originally it was Dec 17, and then end of Feb 18. As we are now in April, I'm wondering when this will happen? I understand that creating a new rent reporting system takes time but Experian are still unable to specify a date. Anyone still waiting for their rental info to be loaded?
    Many thanks,
Page 1
    • ywlgy
    • By ywlgy 11th Apr 18, 4:11 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ywlgy
    • 11th Apr 18, 4:11 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 4:11 PM
    The only thing you can do is to wait...and maybe ask experian directly. No one else knows...
    In the meantime, why not take out a SIM contract and/or credit card and manage them well.
    You don't have to rely on this to improve your credit history
    • pinkcocktail82
    • By pinkcocktail82 11th Apr 18, 7:20 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    pinkcocktail82
    • 11th Apr 18, 7:20 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 7:20 PM
    Yes I will wait for it to be loaded. I'm currently using a credit card wisely, so hopefully that'll build up my score in time.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 11th Apr 18, 7:45 PM
    • 16,366 Posts
    • 17,404 Thanks
    zx81
    • 11th Apr 18, 7:45 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 7:45 PM
    It'll build your history, which is the important thing. It'll probably reduce your score, but that's fine, as it's fictional.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,649Posts Today

8,038Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MartinSLewis: Pls help stop people who are suicidal being harassed by creditors. People in hospital due to anxiety, depression & more?

• RT @peterkmartin: Thanks @MartinSLewis after hearing you advise many times to switch energy providers, I finally got my finger out and have?

• I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• Follow Martin